Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It's one of the main reasons I didn't start crossfit last spring when I was looking into new workout routines. I was coming from a place where I was NOT active AT all, so I decided to spend last spring, summer and past winter at same gym my boys go for their classes to do some personal training and cardio workouts. That slow into the gym approach worked well for me, and now I feel that much more ready and confident to go for crossfit this spring. Definitely talk to your coach, as I did last year which is how I realized I was nowhere ready for crossfit. And definitely try to move as much you can today and tomorrow and keep up with crossfit but with lots of modifications though to suit your level!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sore is good! It means you worked hard. I know the kind of sore you are referring to though and it is rough. I find foam rolling really helps. You can get a foam roller at Marshalls or TJ Max or Walmart and watch some you tube videos. Only takes 5-10 minutes. Also agree with ibuprofen, warm bath and yoga/Pilates/walking/swimming today.

My trainer and many Physical Therapists I know really dislike crossfit--it's too fast and the weights are too high. People get easily injured. If you want to keep it up, just make sure you modify--use lighter or no weights for a little bit, do pushups from your knees not your toes, etc.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

thank you guys now almost a week later with several ibuprofen, stretching, hot water baths and hot water bottles, arnica cream, I am 90% normal, still a little sore specially when I am sitting down and standing up.. thankfully I didnt injure myself, I am deciding to go slow with weights at home etc..and then ramp up when my body is ready

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ccather View Post
    For a newbie, this sounds about right. If you can you should move some today. It sounds counterintuitive, but a gentle workout will help. The pool for a swim or some yoga.
    I agree with this, do some lighter exercise today, it always helps to move the next day. Unless your back hurts.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default so so sore after 1 day of crossfit

Quote Originally Posted by diamond View Post
    thank you guys now almost a week later with several ibuprofen, stretching, hot water baths and hot water bottles, arnica cream, I am 90% normal, still a little sore specially when I am sitting down and standing up.. thankfully I didnt injure myself, I am deciding to go slow with weights at home etc..and then ramp up when my body is ready
    Many years ago (early 2000s) a boot camp teacher suggested doing 20 minutes of cardio after doing a boot camp type class and it really does help lessen sore muscles. I always feel like I get a better workout when I do weights first and cardio later. I had been weight lifting on a regular basis then for about 5 yrs. and I was still getting sore muscles. (FWIW I also hate doing push-ups on my knees so I do them slower on my toes and do less of them)

Also sometimes ice can be better than heat:
    https://www.painscience.com/articles...-confusion.php
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 01-30-2017 at 01:38 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2