Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

ugg so sorry to hear this but thanks for saving us from the same fate. I totally agree that beaches T&C is worth an every other year trip vs a significantly lesser once a year experience
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    We spent 8 days there over spring break and were not impressed. We much preferred Club Med Ixtapa (where we've stayed twice). We enjoyed our excursions outside of the resort, but the resort food was horrible (I got food poisoning once and there was only one restaurant that we thought was decent), the kids refused to go to the Kid's Club (DS1 lived at the Kid's Club in Ixtapa), and the resort is so big that it doesn't have the community feel and participation like Club Med did. It's so big that we felt we spent too much time waiting for trams, etc. We will not be going back. The two positives were that our suite was really nice and newly remodeled (White Sands) and they have a really nice spa that you can pay $10 to use the wet areas (jacuzzi, steam rooms, sauna). I wish I could have spent all my time there, but kids aren't allowed so I only had a chance to go twice in the evenings.

I've told DH that I would rather pay more money for a much nicer place like Beaches Turks and Caicos and go every other year instead of yearly. The food was the biggest issue for us. When I go on vacation I look forward to eating lots of good food! Nothing was good at any of the restaurants. We stopped going to breakfast because it wasn't even worth it!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    I am sorry to hear that Thank you for letting me know.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    ugg so sorry to hear this but thanks for saving us from the same fate. I totally agree that beaches T&C is worth an every other year trip vs a significantly lesser once a year experience
    I think I read somewhere on the board that you have stayed at Paradisus in Playa Del Carmen - how was it? Did you have the kids with you?
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Latia, I'm sorry to hear your experience was mediocre. It's always such a let down to spend a lot of money on a trip and then be uncomfortable or disappointed.

Ive been watching this thread because we've been to Club Med Cancun for the last 2 spring breaks and while the kids and Dh loved it and want to go back, I'd rather try something else. The food has always been fantastic at the Club Meds we've done. And the kids clubs and adult activities were excellent. The Club Med resort has the best beach of any hotel along the Cancun strip. It was the first resort built there and picked the best location. The beach is gorgeous and has a nice gradual slope. But those buildings are so old and run down. The buildings are in desperate need of refreshing and redecorating.

So im watching this thread to see if one if you tried resort that has it all. Does that exist?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

geochick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Keep an eye on the newest US Travel Warning. For the first time I can remember, it includes Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, and the Riviera Maya. Bummer. https://travel.state.gov/content/pas...l-warning.html

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Latia, when you were at Ixtapa, did you venture over to Zhiutanejo? I was there about 12 years ago, LOVED it! Such a quiet little village, and our fisherman friend took us to this place called Playa Blanca, it was a bit of a drive, but oh the beach was fantastic, about 20 hammocks among the palm trees, a small little restaurant and our friend (a local we hired to drive us for the day) approached some guys who had just caught a fish, we bought it for 15.00 dollars, the little restaurant cooked it up for us for 10.00 (it fed about 6 of us), we drank 1.00 Corona's, it was heavenly!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2