Default Just wanting to make sure I'm making the right decision/selection

DGS1 (5.75yo, 46lbs) is being booster-trained in his mom's car now, and she's fine with us starting in our car as well, so we're going to buy a HBB shortly for him. I'll be looking at the sticky thread for recommendations for that in a moment

DGS2 (4.75yo, 36lbs) will move over to DGS1's Evenflo Securekid DLX, staying harnessed.

Now, trying to figure out what to do for DGS3 (2.5yo, 26lbs). He's currently in a Cosco Scenera RF. He's been moved FF in his mom's car, and now he's bawling anytime he's in our car RF. I'm fine flipping him forward, as he's really close to the 1" head rule RF anyway, and the crying that he does RF now is becoming a safety issue for the driver.

So, do we do a convertible, or is it okay to go to a combination harness/booster? DH would like to buy another Evenflo Securekid DLX for DGS3. Considering the seats are in and out of our car on an every-other-week basis, we love the ease of the install on the seat. But if there's a reason to keep DGS3 in a convertible instead, we'll do that.

We also have a Cosco harness/HBB that DGS2 is currently in, but we hate it, so I'd like to replace it rather than switching DGS3 into it.

DH would like to stay under $150, ideally, closer to $100 since we still need to do the HBB as well for DGS3.

Thoughts? Okay to go to straight to the SecureKid DLX? Or do we need a convertible stop in the middle?
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

There is no safety difference between forward facing in a convertible vs harnessed in a combination seat. (Assuming size/age requirements of seat are met.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Right. Only benefit to the convertible is the rear facing option. 😄

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    There is no safety difference between forward facing in a convertible vs harnessed in a combination seat. (Assuming size/age requirements of seat are met.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    Right. Only benefit to the convertible is the rear facing option. 😄

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Awesome. I was afraid of losing some side-impact protection or such going straight to the combination seat. Glad to hear we won't be sacrificing safety (apart from going RF to FF).