Default ProActive anyone?

Just wondering if anyone here uses this. Thinking of getting this for my teen. Would love to know your thoughts.

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

There are quite a few threads on skin care for teens if you search. The consensus is it is a waste of money, take him to the dermatologist (skip the pediatrician or regular doctor).

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I used it, and it worked okay, but I didn't continue my subscription past the initial order. I basically needed something to clear up an outbreak that just kept coming back. It stopped that breakout cycle, and I stopped using it.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    I used it, and it worked okay, but I didn't continue my subscription past the initial order. I basically needed something to clear up an outbreak that just kept coming back. It stopped that breakout cycle, and I stopped using it.
    I have used this for a similar reason http://www.acnefree.com/acne-treatme...learing-system
    It is very similar to proactive but a fraction of the cost and available at most stores. If it's an ongoing issue I would see a dermatologist.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I used it for a month in my mid 20s as I had gotten some samples and it worked for me but it was very drying so I stopped usising it. I took Accutane when I was 18 so my skin is dryer than normal, but if your son has cystic acne that isn't going away I would try that or the Acne Free system which I have heard good things about as well. I treated on a regular basis for 12 yrs. with a dermatologist from age 15 until 27 and took a wide variety of medications and even after Accutane still needed oral meds. until I stopped eating a lot of products with wheat in them when I was 27 to solve some ins issues and my need for oral acne meds went away. I have seen a deem on a not so regular basis and use Aczone, and Tazorac on an as needed basis now. I also love Kiehl's Herbal gel cleanser and that helps a ton with blackheads.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)