Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Who should play Ariel in the live action Little Mermaid?

Lindsay Lohan is angling to play Ariel. Other than being a redhead, I think she's completely wrong for the part (I'm trying to be nice.)

Apparently Chloe Grace Moretz was cast, but dropped out. I think if Millie Bobbie Brown from "Stranger Things" was about 5 years older, she'd be a good choice. Dove Cameron maybe? She was in The Descendants, so she's already known to Disney. What are your casting thoughts?

I think Emma Watson is a perfect choice for Belle, btw, and I can't wait to see the live action "Beauty and the Beast".
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I could see Dove Cameron doing it. She's had a show on Disney for 4 seasons, plus another Disney Channel movie in addition to Descendants (Cloud 9).

That little girl from "Dog with a Blog" would be perfect for Merida if they ever did Brave.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Who should play Ariel in the live action Little Mermaid?

How old do they want Ariel to be? I could see Debby Ryan (Jessie) from Jessie or Laura Marano (Aly) from Austin & Aly. Both actresses can sing and Marano sings on A&A. I would think Lindsay Lohan would be on the older side, but if she can keep her life on track then maybe she won't be so bad, but yeah not my first choice.

I agree that Emma Watson is perfect for Belle; I just wish we got to see more of Dan Stevens w/o his Beast makeup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 02-21-2017 at 12:49 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No idea for Ariel but agree that Lindsay Lohan would not be a good choice. I feel badly for her. I wish I was as nice as Annie! I think getting the right person is so important. I think Ariel should be quite young. I think she's supposed to be 16. I'm not very up on the younger actresses these days. I guess I'm feeling my age!

As for Belle? On paper I think Emma Watson is absolutely perfect for the role. I love Emma Watson, both what she has done in the movies and what little I know about her IRL. BUT the Beauty and the Beast trailers look absolutely terrible to me. She looks very moody and I don't see a lot of emotion on her face. I think my DH is poisoning me against that movie. He thinks her acting looks bad but he mostly objects to the use of CG.

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Is Little Mermaid the next live action to be made? For some reason, I thought Mulan was next.

Lindsay Lohan would be horrible as Ariel.

What about Britt Robertson for Ariel?
    Last edited by Corie; 02-21-2017 at 01:09 PM.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Lindsay Lohan has too much baggage to play Ariel. She's too old and a poor role model. Emma Stone? She's also a big old, but she has the right coloring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post
    Is Little Mermaid the next live action to be made? For some reason, I thought Mulan was next.

Lindsay Lohan would be horrible as Ariel.

What about Britt Robertson for Ariel?
    I don't know which one is next. This weekend, Lindsay Lohan posted on Instagram a photo of her in an Ariel pose basically offering her services. That's what got me thinking. I have to say my first reaction was "how old does she think Ariel was????" I don't think I could listen to her singing about her father reprimanding her with a straight face. I think if you're in your 30s you're disqualified as Ariel.

I had to google Britt Robertson. She's got the right look I think.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I don't know which one is next. This weekend, Lindsay Lohan posted on Instagram a photo of her in an Ariel pose basically offering her services. That's what got me thinking. I have to say my first reaction was "how old does she think Ariel was????" I don't think I could listen to her singing about her father reprimanding her with a straight face. I think if you're in your 30s you're disqualified as Ariel.

I had to google Britt Robertson. She's got the right look I think.

I don't think Ariel should be played by a has-been actress who has past and/or present (?) drug & alcohol problems.
    Corie

-fortune cookie

I googled "actresses with red hair" and my search pulled up a bunch of images. I found a girl who could totally be Ariel. Unfortunately, her picture led me back to a website
    about dying your hair. I have absolutely no idea who she is.

Last edited by Corie; 02-21-2017 at 06:17 PM.
    Corie

-fortune cookie

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Or we could go a totally different direction and have Rihanna be Ariel. I don't know how old she really is but I think the age thing could work, she looks awesome with red hair and she can sing. I don't know about acting though--I've never seen anything she's been in! She'd rock the seashells though.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast