Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Reader is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Lego Batman movie- how is it?

I was thinking of taking my 3 kids (12, 10, 7) to see it this weekend but some of the reviews on Common Sense media are concerning me. What did you and your kids think?

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Lego Batman movie- how is it?

We saw it last weekend and all enjoyed it. If you saw the Lego Movie, this isn't really any different.
    I find CSM to be way too conservative for my family. We take their guidelines and subtract 2-4 years from their recommended age.
    ETA- ok, I read a few of the reviews and I totally think any of the negative comments are a stretch. Some people just like to fuss about things. Maybe there are occasional grown up oriented jokes but they're subtle and really not a reason not to take a kiddo. Even CSM says ages 7+, which is pretty young. I'd trust their assessment more than a random commenter (which I suppose I am right now ).
    ETA- wow. Some of those reviews! "Should be PG-13"??? Did they not see the original Lego movie? Batman is the same in this as in that. It's a fine kids movie for I'd say the vast majority of the population. Only you know if you're comfortable with it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 02-24-2017 at 11:56 PM.

We took a group of 7 ages 4-8 while school was out this week. Not the 3d version. The grownups didn't like it that much, but the kids loved it and there was nothing that concerned me. A couple of the younger ones got a little nervous in one scene with the loud music, but hung in there and were fine.

If you have ever enjoyed Batman in any form there is something in this movie for you. DH loved it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    DS 05/09
    DD 12/12

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    We saw it last weekend and all enjoyed it. If you saw the Lego Movie, this isn't really any different.
    I find CSM to be way too conservative for my family. We take their guidelines and subtract 2-4 years from their recommended age.
    ETA- ok, I read a few of the reviews and I totally think any of the negative comments are a stretch. Some people just like to fuss about things. Maybe there are occasional grown up oriented jokes but they're subtle and really not a reason not to take a kiddo. Even CSM says ages 7+, which is pretty young. I'd trust their assessment more than a random commenter (which I suppose I am right now ).
    ETA- wow. Some of those reviews! "Should be PG-13"??? Did they not see the original Lego movie? Batman is the same in this as in that. It's a fine kids movie for I'd say the vast majority of the population. Only you know if you're comfortable with it though.

Thanks, this is helpful. I didn't like the original (but it's not for me), but my kids did see it. What about the review about a character dying (hope that's not spoiling for anyone)? Is that a big deal in the movie? Worried that might bother the 7 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by JenChem View Post
    If you have ever enjoyed Batman in any form there is something in this movie for you. DH loved it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    That's great. 2/3 of my kids were Batman for Halloween at some point.

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

All of us enjoyed it. Especially DH!
    DS 2/09

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    Thanks, this is helpful. I didn't like the original (but it's not for me), but my kids did see it. What about the review about a character dying (hope that's not spoiling for anyone)? Is that a big deal in the movie? Worried that might bother the 7 year old.
    I have no memory of that. There's a moment of peril but it works out. It's far less intense than most Disney movies.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The reviews are often pretty accurate for my kids but these lego ones seem a bit extreme. There is a mom on there that had a 12 yo in tears. My 9yo saw and like Rogue One, to put it in perspective. I guess we'll have to see it and see if we agree. Our entire family (including our then 2yo) LOVED the original Lego movie. I was honestly planning on bringing all 4 of my kids.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We saw it opening weekend. My 7 yr old and I loved it. My 5 yr old is obsessed, and I mean obsessed, with ninjago. They showed the trailer for that, and the whole movie he kept asking to go see the ninjago one instead. He said he liked the batman one, but likes the nanjago movie (that he hasn't even seen) better. lol. I don't recall any character dying. Nothing was that scary, and there were a few adult oriented jokes, but they went right over my kids' heads. Your kids are plenty old enough to see it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast