View Poll Results: Do you have season tickets to anything?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Local arts or theater group

12 44.44%
  • College Football

6 22.22%
  • College Basketball

2 7.41%
  • Other college sport (baseball, volleyball, lacrosse, hockey, etc.)

1 3.70%
  • Minor League sports team (any sports)

3 11.11%
  • MLB

6 22.22%
  • MLS

0 0%
  • NBA

0 0%
  • NFL

1 3.70%
  • NHL

2 7.41%
  • Something else not listed

6 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We've had a partial season plan for the Philadelphia Union (MLS) and have considered season tickets for the local minor-league baseball team.

We'd do the partial season plan again in the future, but single-game tickets have been fine when we want to wait and see on the weather (like next week's home opener ...)

ETA: I've had museum memberships (the Met in NYC when I was in my 20s) and amusement park season passes (Sesame Place) as well. I'd do those again as long as I committed to using them regularly!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Our Universal passes expire today, but I'm sure I'll renew.
    I just bought a 2017-2018 theater subscription and we've got two botanical garden memberships. In the past we've had Disneyland, zoo and aquarium season passes too. My office used to have Laker season tickets and I loved getting to go to games.
    Last edited by Tenasparkl; 02-27-2017 at 06:24 PM.

We have season tickets to our local children's theater and symphony (two different series; one for family and one for date night).

I think I'm adding the traveling broadway series this year. It keeps changing its name. DH and I had those before kids and I think we can finally get away to try again.

When we were first out of college we had season football tickets. The school is over 2 hours from where we live, so going to games is an all day commitment. The team improved greatly right as we were graduating and the costs got prohibitive in addition to the time.

We are members all over town. I'm a SAHM and the kids don't like camps, so we belong to the zoo and local science center. We do passes to the local amusement/water park each summer also.

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Currently we have an annual pass to a museum courtesy of MIL. DS wants the local skateboard & scooter park seasonal pass ($25) which I plan to buy him when available. So I marked local arts and other.

In the past we had season tickets to the local RHL (Roller Hockey League) team which folded long before DS was born. We've also had annual passes to the zoo and the same museum MIL bought us this year. As a kid I had season passes to the local theme park but overall DS is not crazy about enough of their rides to justify the cost - we last went in 2015 so maybe we'll go again one day this summer.

Every season my sister and I review the upcoming musical theater choices and usually we aren't interested in enough of them to justify the season pass, so we pick one or two and buy tickets to those specific shows when available.

DH has an annual pass for National Parks that gets us some type of discount - not sure on this exactly. We bought it when visiting Fort McHenry last December so we haven't put it to other use yet.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

we have season tickets to an awesome speaker series -- currently we have 2 seats and we plan to get 4 so we can take another couple. It is once a month. For Christmas we got the family MLB season tickets and this is a test. Have to see if we lose a ton or money on them as they are $$. Last 2 years we had a small package of season tickets to MLS which was fun as well. We dropped MLS for MLB this year.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We used to have a season pass to the regional science museum and membership to the local art museum. May get season passes to local college vball next year, given how much I spent last year. We are in a smallish town, not a lot of options!

We had a season's pass to the state zoo a couple of years ago. Currently, DH is thinking about getting season's tickets to local NBA D-League team that plays in our city. I would love, love to get season's tickets for my college basketball team, but it costs four arms and six legs just to join the booster's club.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

MLB--Washington Nationals
    Used to have NFL (Redskins) but gave them up years ago.
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We don't really have any annual passes to sports teams or theatrical events. We have a membership to the Natural History Museum and the zoo and free admittance to Disney.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Click on the post in tapatalk and then the little widgets come up and click on more and then you should come up and one of them is web view click on web view and then you can click on the poll. I do this from an iPhone so no idea if it works on android .
    In case anyone else hasn't figured this out either ... after you follow Annie's instructions to go from Tapatalk to Safari (if you're on an iDevice), you then have to remember to login to the web version of the forum before you can vote. You can see the poll without logging in.

I didn't actually vote (not relevant to me) but I did get a warning that I couldn't vote because I wasn't logged in.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast