Default touringplans.com

Is it worth it to subscribe to touringplans.com or could I find the information in the Unofficial Guide or other guide books??

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Is it worth it to subscribe to touringplans.com or could I find the information in the Unofficial Guide or other guide books??
    The big thing with Touringplans is the ability to access the crowd calendar information. I personally like the crowd calendar at easywdw.com better, but others on here have found that the touring plans calendar works better for them. So, yes and no on whether it's worth it. (Doesn't that make you feel better? )

ETA: easywdw is free, so that's one of the reasons I prefer them. However, Josh quit doing calendars for a while & only recently readded them. And when he did, he didn't update the links, so you have to go through his blog posts to find them. Definitely more annoying than it used to be.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Thanks! I'll check out the calendar on easywdw.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Baby Bargains mobile app

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have used touring plans several times and find it well worth the money. The crowd calendars and mapping out ride order have been great. I think that there is a small discount code on www.mousesavers.com (newsletter) if you are interested.
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I really like it a lot. I think it is worth it.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

jenstring95 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

If you go on the touringplans website and click on crowd calendar a code for a 20% discount should appear.

jvs195 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Worth every penny! Never waited in a line over 15 minutes and could rearrange my plan while in line and check up to the minute lines. You get a discount if you have the Unofficial guide (there is a question about words on certain pages) and it's good for a year.

Default touringplans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jvs195 View Post
    Worth every penny! Never waited in a line over 15 minutes and could rearrange my plan while in line and check up to the minute lines. You get a discount if you have the Unofficial guide (there is a question about words on certain pages) and it's good for a year.
    This! I used the Lines app constantly while at WDW to change my plan on the fly because somebody really wanted a Mickey bar or took too long in the bathroom. It was wonderful to be able to update like that, and the plans really work! I've never waited for more than 20 minutes unless I was forced by unbelievers to deviate from the plan. I think the cost with the discount from the paper book was either $9 or $11. Anyway, it was an exceptional value, I thought, given how much help it gave us in our ability to enjoy what was a very expensive vacation. I'd pay that to save a half hour of wait time on ONE ride, and it saved us at least that much time on every ride each day!

Edited to reflect a 20 minute wait maximum rather than a 29 minute max.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I had used touringplans during our trip to Disneyland, and was able to get a 2 week subscription. I had hoped that we would do the same for WDW, but I guess they found that they didn't need to offer one.

My husband doesn't like using ANY kind of plan , so it's nice to have an app that you can secretly consult.
    Happy Healthy and Handsome DS 8/13

Yes yes yes