Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default I need a new van after totaling Sienna

I was in an accident this week and my O8 Sienna has been totaled. My first thought is to look for another Sienna. When I bought my first the Suenna and Odyssey where to top mini vans.
    Are things still that way? Nissan or others worth looking at?

I have two children in Fronteir seats and one that's outgrown car seats. I have replaced the Fronteirs after the accident. Looking for input on what vans to look at. I'm not looking for brand new but certified pre owned vans.

Default I need a new van after totaling Sienna

Quote Originally Posted by Edensmum View Post
    I was in an accident this week and my O8 Sienna has been totaled. My first thought is to look for another Sienna. When I bought my first the Suenna and Odyssey where to top mini vans.
    Are things still that way? Nissan or others worth looking at?

I have two children in Fronteir seats and one that's outgrown car seats. I have replaced the Fronteirs after the accident. Looking for input on what vans to look at. I'm not looking for brand new but certified pre owned vans.

We are also looking at new to us (maybe 2013-15?) vans. Sienna and Odyssey are still the best for safely seating passengers in all 3 rows. The Grand Caravan, VW, and Town & Country vans have weird seatbelt configurations in the third row that make it difficult to safely fit forward facing car seats, booster seats, and even many adults. There is one other one I have seen recommended, maybe a new Hyundai model? I don't know about the Nissan van. But we are going to choose between Odyssey which we've already looked at and liked, and Sienna which I haven't driven yet.

Edit: Forgot to say I hope you are all ok!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

I'm waiting on the new 2018 odyssey. The Chrysler Pacifica is also supposed to be very nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thank you, we are ok thankfully. Scary and very inconvenient as we were out of town. We've made it home in a caravan rental and need to get on this newer van quickly. Thinking 2014/15

Sienna and Odysseys are still the top brands right now. The new Chrysler looks nice but is an American car so won't have the reliability that you're used to with a sienna. The Kia is popular right now giving great incentives but it's a Kia. There are no long term results on how it will hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We recently traded in our Odyssey for a AWD Sienna. We much prefer the functionality of the Oddy. The lack of mommy storage, wonky third row headrests that don't come out making car seat installs difficult and the second row seat "tracks" that stick out should you want to have one of the seats out is just dumb. The list goes on. We looked at Sienna's when we were shopping for our first minivan 7 years ago and I feel like it was a better back then. It's a good thing the AWD handled the recent blizzard well. That's what I keep telling myself every time I get frustrated. I miss the Oddy.

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Is Toyota coming up with a new model?
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My Sienna was totaled last week and now I'm in the market for another minivan. We've always had Toyota mini vans but I like the seat configuration of the 2018 Honday Odyssey.

Does anyone have any idea when the new model will be available? We can't wait long, we need a second vehicle asap.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

Can you call the Honda dealer and ask? I haven't been able to find out when. I'm waiting for the 18 Ody.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

The new Odyssey information was up on the American Honda website this past Monday. There are reviews up already and a few dealers have them. The Ody forums are talking about it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast