SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Silly quick air travel question

It has been a VERY long time since our family's last air travel experience. I know regulations are constantly changing.

1) Liquids & carry-on's... Only one quart-sized bag containing liquids, gels, etc per person, correct? I have no idea how I can bring all of my 3oz toiletries PLUS liquid cosmetics in one quart-sized bag!

2) What snacks can I bring from home?? It use to be that I couldn't bring anything other than my baby's bottled milk. Can I bring prepackaged items like meat sticks, nuts, granola bars, etc?? My older two are constantly eating due to growth spurts and they turn all Dr Jeckyl/Mr Hyde when they are hungry... I certainly don't want that!!

Thank you so much!!!
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

yes and yes

we take tons of snacks I make each kid some bags because mine get mad if one eats most of something they want so I divide it out in zip locks and put them in their carry on. Drinks we get on the plane water or juice or ONE soda per flight I generally pack all my toiletries in my checked luggage so I can bring my regular size conditioner and such. the 3oz thing is only carry on
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I check bags so I don't have to deal with the toilets thing.
    I stick with "dry" snacks and just buy drinks at the airport.
    I try to always fly Southwest for free checked bags and snacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You get one ziploc quart per person. So with kids, you can use "their" bag for your stuff too. I usually check my toiletries though.

I bring tons of snacks. Just no liquid snacks like apple sauce. We all bring empty water bottles and fill them after security.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    You get one ziploc quart per person. So with kids, you can use "their" bag for your stuff too. I usually check my toiletries though.

I bring tons of snacks. Just no liquid snacks like apple sauce. We all bring empty water bottles and fill them after security.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes to this. But I don't want granola in my lotion, so I put DDs stuff in hers and mine goes nowhere near it because her ability to to get food everywhere is unparalleled. Fingers crossed you are checking a bag, it makes thing so much easier for the liquids game. But put all that in a big ziploc or multiple, too just in case with pressure something opens. Nobody wants toothpaste on their unmentionables or shampoo on their toothbrush.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I keep all the quart size bags with me, not in the kids bags. It's never been a problem.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    I keep all the quart size bags with me, not in the kids bags. It's never been a problem.
    I do this as well.

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    Great idea...thank you! Hopefully we can just combine everything

I am aiming for no checked bag. If need be, I'll just buy the cheaper toiletries when we get there and, sadly, toss them when we leave - just bring the pickier stuff, makeup, and travel hair styling stuff from home. I am always game for visiting Target!
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I know I must be weird bc I vastly prefer checking my bag. Only had 1 or 2 problems over the years that were resolved quickly enough. I loath carrying my bag around the airport, jockeying for bin space...give me a small bag and I'm happy. Good luck!!

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm with you on not doing a carry on. I generally take a really large tote/purse Each kid takes a back pack every thing else gets checked.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I know I must be weird bc I vastly prefer checking my bag. Only had 1 or 2 problems over the years that were resolved quickly enough. I loath carrying my bag around the airport, jockeying for bin space...give me a small bag and I'm happy. Good luck!!

Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions