Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Not much so far. I bought the National Park Passport books for our summer trip and they might go in, because I'm really without ideas!

DS1 is 12 - an idea book for his 3d pen
    DD is 10 - a Disney song book for the piano
    DS2 is 8 - no ideas.

Pretty much stuck. They don't need anything. My mom goes overboard with candy, so I generally skip it, but I might get 1 fun thing, like a King Size bar or something.
    Kris

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Candy. A few years ago I noticed our Easter had turned into a mini Christmas and I put a stop to it. . If I find a good book or video game I'll get it. Maybe a Lego mini figure pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

OMG! That's coming up and I am not even remotely ready. Mostly we do candy and a few little things.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

So interesting you do Easter baskets! Growing up in Europe, I never got anything like that. But chocolate bunny set was a big deal, and still is according to my childhood friends with their kids.

They usually just get small candy my boys get from the Easter egg hunt, and small gifts from grandparents which seem to make them happy. I'm very leery to start another tradition where gifts are expected from parents, I feel like Christmas and their birthdays is more than enough. On the other hand, I love to give them practical gifts as it comes up. DS1 is in need of a new mouth guard for his lax, may not be a fun gift. But....and a soccer ball for DS2 since he's starting soccer with our rec dept end of April. I'm really into books though, so I can always give them that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Candy. A few years ago I noticed our Easter had turned into a mini Christmas and I put a stop to it. . If I find a good book or video game I'll get it. Maybe a Lego mini figure pack.
    When I was a kid, we'd get candy and a stuffed bunny.

The stuffed bunny would then be put away at Pentecost to return at Easter the following year.

I don't see the need to go overboard, though there have been years when I did.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Thanks for sharing! I ordered some of the same books for our baskets.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    You are welcome. I'm also adding "Rosie Revere's Big Project Book for Bold Engineers" since it just came out and DS loves the Andrea Beaty books.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We'll be in Mexico for spring break and Easter so everything has to fit in our luggage. I'm doing 2-3 books each and pool toys since we arrive the day before Easter. I may do a pack of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards too. Still gotta get candy.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I made progress.
    DS1 - 3d pen book, NP book, $5 gift card to ice cream shop, tic tacs
    DD - Disney song book, NP book, $5 gift card to ice cream shop, Hershey bar
    DS2 - need a book, NP book, $5 gift card to ice cream shop, Hershey bar
    Kris

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I know Easter's over, but I thought I would mention a couple of books that were big hits with my 5yo/almost 6yo DD in case someone needs ideas for next year:
    -- Whisker Haven Tales with the Palace Pets: Nuzzles and the Easter Egg Mix-Up: Read-Along Storybook and CD: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1484786955 (I bought this when the price dropped to $3.73 and it's a great buy for less than $4. DD can operate the living room CD player, so she helps herself to storytime whenever! [Side note: the Beauty and the Beast and Moana Read-Along Storybooks are still at the cheap $3.73 price!])
    -- Bunny Surprise (Scholastic Reader, Level 2: Pet Charms #2): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1338045903/ (DD loves the charm bracelet and illustrations.)

Otherwise, DD got a couple more books, new Tsum Tsum stationery, princess markers, butterfly hair clips, Tsum Tsum chapstick, and a Batgirl Itty Bitty. I tried to keep it small because her birthday is just around the corner! And I just realized I didn't give her any candy -- but with a school egg hunt and a church egg hunt, she got a small amount. She's not big on most conventional candy anyway. There's a lot from Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine's Day that I had to trash!
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2