jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Three across (one harnessed two boosters)

Due to DH's work schedule, I'm now dropping our three kids off at school most mornings. I drive a Honda Civic and it's a tight squeeze! Does anyone have suggestions on how to make this more comfortable/doable for a few months until we can afford a bigger vehicle? I've googled three across and it seems most people do it with harnessed seats, and our biggest problem is buckling the two boosters! We have: 3 yo DD in a Britax Pioneer, 6 yo DS in a Harmony high back booster (he's 45 pounds), and 8 yo in a Bubblebum in the middle seat (he's 50 pounds.) Thoughts on how to make this work? A narrower seat for DD? Move her to the middle? Two Bubblebums? TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I would try a radian in the center and two bubble bums outboard. I've had success with this set up in my Toyota matrix, which is pretty small. The graco transitions is also a narrow option, instead of one of the bubble bums.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Bubble bums and the Harmony no back boosters from Walmart tend to be some of the narrower booster options. I don't know if your Harmony high back is also narrow? Best place to gain space is probably a narrower replacement for the Pioneer. Harmony Defender is one of the narrower combination seats. I think some of the radians are just slightly narrower. You'll also probably have better luck if you try 2 harnessed seats and one booster, because the buckling thing is the hard part.

How much more space do you need to gain? Is it really squished but doable (so you only need to gain an inch or two) or is it not even close?
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    How much more space do you need to gain? Is it really squished but doable (so you only need to gain an inch or two) or is it not even close?
    It's doable. Everyone fits safely but the 8 yo is really squished in the middle, and it takes me a good 10 minutes to squeeze my hand in the crack and buckle blindly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys