Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Back from Disney at Spring Break

Well, we did it - Disney at Spring break - Easter week no less! I think we were lucky b/c Easter was late so many "typical" spring breaks were over.

It was actually OK. Did Rope Drop daily and EMH when possible. (Although the first day was 7am EMH which meant 6ish am bus which was painful but necessary!) Everything was manageable with FP and ADRs. We had a daily plan and even got in some bonus things we didn't expect - like getting on Frozen on Rope Drop when I thought that was a lost cause, and getting an extra Soarin FP for after dinner one night.

Stayed at Beach Club. We loved the hotel (lobby smells wonderful) and the quick walk to Epcot was great - we went there 4 out of 6 nights! The Flower and Garden festival was happening and we loved the additional special kiosks they had for other food and drinks. I would definitely want to go back when that is happening.

I would NOT do the dining plan again. DDs had the adult dining plan and sometimes they just wanted the kid menus. And sometimes we weren't hungry enough for an entree or didn't want dessert at the place we ate dinner, but somewhere else. It really did not work out for us, we pretty much lost money there.

So, it can be done LOL. We were exhausted at the end of every day but the kids already want to go back!

Anyone else make it through last week?

PS - Rockin Roller Coaster was AWESOME!! Although we only went on it once - my one regret!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Default Back from Disney at Spring Break

Glad you had fun!

We didn't go last week, but we were there for our spring break in march. I agree with your assessment that it's doable with fastpasses and getting there at rope drop. We also ran to frozen at rope drop and managed to get on with "only" a 35 min wait.
    Last edited by georgiegirl; 04-25-2017 at 04:58 PM.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

We did 9 days right before Easter. We had a blast. It was kind of spur of the moment (in other words, only booked in February ) but we got on everything. We also got on Frozen at rope drop, and stayed after fireworks to do Mine Train at MK. The only thing we didn't get to do that I like doing is Toy Story Mania...oh well, next time. This is our first time using magic bands, and they were pretty cool. Although some things were cool/creepy. Like when we were on the Haunted Mansion and the ghosts held up a sign saying "Virginia, here we come" because our RFID's told them who we were, or when we were on it's a small world and there was a sign that said "adios Twinfoxes, DH, DD and DD". Cool...yet creepy.

We ate at Be Our Guest. Not worth it for the food. My advice is to order the cheapest thing. I ordered steak and it was awful, the worst I've ever had. I think the whole meal was the worst I had at WDW, we had some good meals (Tiffins at AK is really good.)
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 04-25-2017 at 08:23 PM.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

reneed is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We are going in October (first time going to Disney) and staying at the Beach Club. How is the resort? I was on the fence between the BC and the Poly but the pool and proximity to Epcot made me pick the BC

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    We did 9 days right before Easter. We had a blast. It was kind of spur of the moment (in other words, only booked in February ) but we got on everything. We also got on Frozen at rope drop, and stayed after fireworks to do Mine Train at MK. The only thing we didn't get to do that I like doing is Toy Story Mania...oh well, next time. This is our first time using magic bands, and they were pretty cool. Although some things were cool/creepy. Like when we were on the Haunted Mansion and the ghosts held up a sign saying "Virginia, here we come" because our RFID's told them who we were, or when we were on it's a small world and there was a sign that said "adios Twinfoxes, DH, DD and DD". Cool...yet creepy.

We ate at Be Our Guest. Not worth it for the food. My advice is to order the cheapest thing. I ordered steak and it was awful, the worst I've ever had. I think the whole meal was the worst I had at WDW, we had some good meals (Tiffins at AK is really good.)
    Agree on magic bands and Haunted Mansion/Small World!! It was weird. They knew everything you did lol. Plus the pics from the "real" roller coasters ending up in our Photo Pass - I never hit the button for those and they're still in our photos!

We did BOG for lunch and it wasn't bad. I thought the theming in there was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by reneed View Post
    We are going in October (first time going to Disney) and staying at the Beach Club. How is the resort? I was on the fence between the BC and the Poly but the pool and proximity to Epcot made me pick the BC
    We loved BC and would totally stay there again! The lobby smells so good!! The kids loved the pools and water slide, and the kiddie pool is big so we could watch the littles (5 & 7) from the loungers. You're walking distance to Epcot (maybe 5 minutes max) and Boardwalk. You can also walk to Hollywood Studios, although that's a little longer like 15-20min. Food options at BC weren't the best for small meals imo, more formal sitdown/buffet, but proximity to Ep made up for it IMO. The Marketplace was good for quick breakfast, drinks, small grocery items and souvenirs. We spent a lot there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    Agree on magic bands and Haunted Mansion/Small World!! It was weird. They knew everything you did lol. Plus the pics from the "real" roller coasters ending up in our Photo Pass - I never hit the button for those and they're still in our photos!

We did BOG for lunch and it wasn't bad. I thought the theming in there was really good.
    Yes, after Frozen I asked how to get the photos on our bands and they said "already there." Um, okay, stalkers.

The theming at BOG was great. Did you try the grey stuff? It was delicious.
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Did you try the grey stuff? It was delicious.
    I didn't believe it, so I asked the dishes.

Did you get to meet Gaston? He was pretty funny. DDs (11 and 13) were kind of horrified by him talking about his muscles, which made it funnier IMO!! Then DH got up there to compare biceps with him, I said it was too close to call. Gaston rolled his eyes and told DH, "Huh, she must really love you." (And the cinnamon rolls at Gaston's tavern were like the size of half a loaf of bread - and so yummy!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    I didn't believe it, so I asked the dishes.

Did you get to meet Gaston? He was pretty funny. DDs (11 and 13) were kind of horrified by him talking about his muscles, which made it funnier IMO!! Then DH got up there to compare biceps with him, I said it was too close to call. Gaston rolled his eyes and told DH, "Huh, she must really love you." (And the cinnamon rolls at Gaston's tavern were like the size of half a loaf of bread - and so yummy!!)
    We saw Gaston, but didn't interact. My DH has never seen Beauty and the Beast, and he teasingly asked us "do I remind you of Gaston" and we all screamed NO! I wish I had known about the cinnamon rolls! Yum.
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by reneed View Post
    We love both of those resorts- you really can't go wrong between the 2! We stayed at Poly when DS was little and then again this last trip bc we had DD2 who was only 8 months. Love the monorail access when we have little ones bc it is such an easy ride to MK. But our trip 2 years ago, we stayed at BC and loved it - will definitely be back as soon as DD2 is older. BC pool is great and we loved being able to pop over to Epcot for dinner and nighttime rides, fireworks, shows, etc. We also walked to HS - a longer walk, but very nice to be able to do to avoid a bus ride. You have so many restaurant options close to BC too, between Boardwalk, Yatch Club, BC and Epcot. Definitely get park hoppers if you stay at BC!