Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Wow! Some of these are pretty crazy. Sounds fun, though!

Last year for kindergarten, I didn't do anything. We both work full time, so DS went to school aftercare as normal. However last year, school ended on a Friday, he had the weekend off, then started at Y camp Monday. Because of a snow day this year, school ends on Monday and Y Camp starts on Tuesday. I can't really take an entire day off, but this thread has inspired me to take a half day, pick him up and do something fun. That way there's a teeny bit of celebration before camp.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Nope, the '' Cool/Stepford neighborhood moms '' do a big final day breakfast and walk, but they don't invite everyone', I work so usually don't do much, I put their backpacks in the basement and don't open them for months lol! If you do something with fiends, , I would suggest making an open invitation to all your kids friends, my kids and a few others have remarked that they wish they'd been invited to the breakfast/parade to school the final morning. Ice cream sounds good too with your children, I dont think you need to make a big deal about it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    That is not inclusive! Here a whole class email goes out and even though it is not a school event it is open to all. It wasn't always that way, my oldest has some moms still pretending they were mean girls in 7th grade and did non-inclusive things but made sure the other kids knew they weren't invited. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jse107 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The Sunday after school gets out we go to Hershey Park with my in-laws. They have an RV, so they take the kids on Sunday and DH and I join them on Wednesday the next week.
    Jen
    "What we permit we promote."

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Thanks all! There is a shopping center across the street from the ice cream shop, so I think we will just park there. A few of her friends from her class may join us. She is very excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Today is DS' last day of school. I give him at least one book and some cash since he never really gets money from us at any other time. I don't remember how much I gave him last year, but this year I am giving him $30 (and 3 books) since he is going to 3rd grade.

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by IansMom View Post
    Today is DS' last day of school. I give him at least one book and some cash since he never really gets money from us at any other time. I don't remember how much I gave him last year, but this year I am giving him $30 (and 3 books) since he is going to 3rd grade.
    I like this idea. May have to do this for back to school.

DS got out yesterday. Took the kids out for ice cream, same as last year. I asked DS what he wanted to do, and that's what he requested.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

A few of us brought water guns and squirted the kids as they were getting off the bus last year. Someone brought water balloons and we all Had a water balloon fight. I brought popsicles for all the kids (15-20 at our stop usually).
    Last year was the first time we did it and now the kids have been talking about it coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by teresah00 View Post
    A few of us brought water guns and squirted the kids as they were getting off the bus last year. Someone brought water balloons and we all Had a water balloon fight. I brought popsicles for all the kids (15-20 at our stop usually).
    Last year was the first time we did it and now the kids have been talking about it coming up.
    Yes! We have been doing way water balloons off the bus for years now. DD is in 8th grade and it's still something they look forward to!
    SAHM to:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4