Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by megs4413 View Post
    Is plaza inn breakfast worth it if it doesn't get us in early? The only time I'm finding is 8:30 and it's an EMH morning day.
    I believe EMH only applies to those staying at a Disney resort. The park will most likely open to the public at 9 am or 10 am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Is plaza inn breakfast worth it if it doesn't get us in early? The only time I'm finding is 8:30 and it's an EMH morning day.
    Extra Magic Hour = one hour early entry for hotel guests every day of their stay; the EMH park could be either one depending on the day (see below)
    Magic Morning = one hour early entry to Disneyland specifically for people who purchased a 3-or-more-day ticket online or from a 3rd party (LMTC, Orbitz, Ebates, etc.) on specific, generally set days

EMH schedule:
    Disneyland: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
    Disney California Adventure: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
    (Obviously, schedule is subject to change occasionally)

My general thought is that Minnie's Breakfast at Plaza Inn is definitely worth it if you are going to do a character meal for the wide variety of characters when there is a large-ish range of ages in a family. I believe you said you'd be there for 2 days off-site, which means no EMH or MM for your party. In that case, I'd consider doing it maybe on day 2, or a late breakfast on day 1, so you don't feel like you're sitting down for breakfast when everyone is ready to hit the parks. We've done Minnie's as late as 10:40am and had a great time. Well, it would have been a good time, but DD is an easily-distracted eater, so we paid like $15 (or around that in 2012 when she was newly 8) for her to eat like a waffle and a slice of apple. But she's 13 and still talks about it, so I'll count it as a success, meal or not
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

I would not have an hour carved out of my morning for a sit down breakfast unless you really, really wanted to see those characters. Lines will be considerably longer and the park more crowded by the time you finish up. I would take a later slot and make it a brunch, after you hit some rides and got some fast passes.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I would not have an hour carved out of my morning for a sit down breakfast unless you really, really wanted to see those characters. Lines will be considerably longer and the park more crowded by the time you finish up. I would take a later slot and make it a brunch, after you hit some rides and got some fast passes.
    We rode the big cars ride twice at opening while DH waited in line for coffee. We're all about the rides though.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default First Disneyland visit...tips?

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    This is very much us as well. I would rather spend my morning trying to go on rides that will be busy later in the day. In my 20+ visits to DL and CA Adventure I have never seen a full Main St. Electric Parade, I have seen Fantasmic once (and that was because my Grandma saved us seats and we went on rides) and I have only seen one full parade at CA Adventure because it wasn't that busy and we wanted something to do before dinner. I have never had a character meal and I don't think in the grand scheme of things it is a big deal, but if it is important for you I would try a character meal later on in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    We rode the big cars ride twice at opening while DH waited in line for coffee. We're all about the rides though.
    Now that is some great luck We have gotten to the park at opening and ended up with a late afternoon fast pass both times, but again we just planned our day around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Honestly, if your family isn't into "thrill" rides, you probably will be able to fit in what you want in 2 days, especially if you're able to stay from opening until closing. (And remember, if you're in line, you get to ride, even if the park closes in the meantime.)

I know nothing about character meals, but you've gotten good advice from others about that.

As far as I know, Fantasmic is still closed because of Star Wars Land construction.

If you are there on an especially busy day, be aware that they control crowds by creating one-way walking paths. This can be an issue if you realize you really wanted to be going in the other direction and have to wait for a turnaround spot. It is especially challenging with a stroller--not sure if you'll have one for your three year old.

Have you visited the web site yet? Just the regular park web site? I don't remember how far out they post schedules, but you can find out about parades and such. Good to know in case you want to watch or, if not, to plan certain rides when OTHERS are busy watching a parade.

Also, there is at least one app you can use in-park to track wait times.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2