Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It looks like a shorts outfit to me and wouldn't be my choice. But it really is what you feel comfortable with and nothing is wrong with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I liked the first one better, just because I find halter tops to be uncomfortable. Also, since I don't generally wear tank tops alone, that style still 'feels' like a swimming suit, to me.

I would think the second top was really cute if I saw someone else wearing it, but would choose the first one for myself. I personally am not comfortable with how low cut most halter styles are (on me, I think they look fine on other people, I just like more coverage), but I know I'm probably in the minority there
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love the look of a halter, whether a tankini or a bikini, but the straps pull on my neck so I can no longer do them.

Halters bother my neck too. But I think there are tops that are less regular tank top looking that would be cuter. I like the polka-dots, I think they're cute.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Both would work. I like the polka dot, but not the color and prefer halter style. I play hard with my kids in the water and always wear black bottoms so I shy away from black tops. Tops outlive the bottoms so I keep the bottoms the same color to simplify. I’m smaller frame and smaller bust so halter styles are far more flattering on me. (I love la blanca tops with swim shorts). My middle sister is broad shoulder large bust w/ smaller hips and legs and tank styles look amazingly good on her and tend to even her out.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I definitely like the second tankini top better.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

lizzywednesday is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    ... I personally am not comfortable with how low cut most halter styles are (on me, I think they look fine on other people, I just like more coverage), but I know I'm probably in the minority there
    Nope, you're not in the minority. I like the idea of halter styles, and have worn them successfully in the past, but I kind of hate them in swimsuits.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

So I ordered the halter style. Hopefully it has enough coverage that I feel comfortable, but if not, I will just return it and other the other one. Thanks for all of your input!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2