TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Help! Can I machine wash the seat cover for a Marathon Clicktight?

DD2 got car sick. Britax says to spot clean only but I'm not having much luck getting it clean. Can the entire cover (all pieces) be machine washed on gentle? I have machine washed our RA55 covers but there is a lot less padding in that.

As a side note, the MA Clicktight is a dream to install and a beast to put back together. I took all of the seat pieces and harness apart for cleaning and it took me a good hour to get it all back together.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Yes. I've machine washed the cover pieces from our Boulevard Clicktight, on cold, delicate with minimal to almost no Free and Clear detergent. Hang or lay flat to dry. I might have tumbled dry with air only (no heat) too to help it along... it was a process, I watched a video somewhere on putting it all back together, pausing several times to note the finer details of what went where and how it all tucked in.

Yes, the install is dreamy, we have two! Love those seats! Sorry about the illness though, hope your DD feels better soon.
    DS 2014

Harness washing is a no-no though. I think that part is truly spot clean only. Call Britax and ask if it's a really yucky kinda situation.
    DS 2014

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Help! Can I machine wash the seat cover for a Marathon Clicktight?

Thank you! The harness is ok I think - easier to spot clean just by nature of the material. I wasn't planning to machine wash that, thankfully. I'll call Britax first thing tomorrow and see what they say.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

I washed our cover after a car sickness incident. It didn't really come clean, though. What cleaned it was using oxyclean dissolved in water and rubbing the surface. This material really doesn't come clean in the washer. You need to scrub it.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've machine washed and dried every single carseat and booster seat cover we've ever owned over the past 13 years, multiple times, and NOT on gentle. Never had an issue.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)