Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The 23andMe Ancestry + Health is back in stock for the half price deal. $99.50 (reg. price $199)

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

As usual, I think Prime Day was a way to get more people invested into Amazon electronics. And it worked on me With the last few holiday and Prime day sales, we now own an Echo, Dot, Tap, 2 Kindle Fires, a Paperwhite and we continue to subscribe to Amazon Prime. Clearly they've got our family hooked!

Other than that, I find Prime day to be overwhelming to sort through. I bought some shoes because I heard about the 30% off on select items. Other than that, I really just looked at their main sale pages. I looked at some beauty items I typically buy, but none were on sale. I'm out of the baby stage, so never bothered to look at those deals. And as a poster mentioned, some prices went way up instead. I was looking at protective cases for my Kindle and according to CCC, the price jumped up close to 100% as of July 10. That made me wary of Amazon's "deals".

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think it was a lot of hype again this year. I was in the market for a paperwhite and the sale price pushed me to buy it. I decided to try the Dot this sale because at that price why not. If I don't use it I can pass it on to someone else without worry. I find the sale very tough to navigate. I'm not interested in buying stuff just for the sake of buying so the random items don't interest me. Everything I bought was from a tip from someone else. Coleman lantern was .36 over my buy price and ordered as a gift. Reefs were on sale and I wanted to replace a pair that broke last week. Free returns pushed me to buy several pair. Under Armor shirts for my boys because someone else mentioned the socks being on sale and the sale price was lower than the outlet price and I don't have to venture out in the craziness of the outlet. Free returns pushed me to buy in every color and we can send back whatever they don't like. Books because of the code and we buy a ton of books anyway. Amazon gift card because of the code. We're out of the baby stage so didn't look for those items. I bit on quite a few things but all items I planned to purchase soon with the exception of the Dot and the gift lantern.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    I would not get a kindle fire for reading.
    After doing a lot of research very quickly yesterday and 3 separate chats with Amazon reps, I did order the Fire kids bundle for DD1 specifically for reading because I want her to have the immersion reading feature, which is not available with the other Kindles. We will see how well it works once it arrives and I get it all set up with Audible. Posting here just to let others know about that feature.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

What is the imersion reading feature?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Quote Originally Posted by hwin708 View Post
    The 23andMe Ancestry + Health is back in stock for the half price deal. $99.50 (reg. price $199)
    GAH!!! I missed it twice!

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    What is the imersion reading feature?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    From my understanding, it is the ability to link with Audible so that you can listen to the audio book and follow along in the text copy at the same time and the words can be highlighted/underlined as they are read. I can let you know more about it after I have had a chance to set it up and play around with it.

Read and Listen at the Same Time
    Use Immersion Reading to add professional narration to eligible Kindle books and watch real-time highlighting as you read.

To use Immersion Reading, you need to own the identical audiobook version of your Kindle book, and the title needs to be Whispersync for Voice-ready. For a list of books that support Immersion Reading, go to Whispersync for Voice-Ready.

To activate Immersion Reading:
    If you already own the title: From the Books library, tap Store, and then search for the book you currently own. On the product detail page for the Kindle book, tap Add Narration to purchase the identical audiobook version of your title, and then tap Download.

If you do not own the title: From the Books library, swipe from the left edge of the screen, and then tap Immersion Reading. From here, you can browse all titles in the Kindle Store that currently support the Immersion Reading feature. Tap the title to purchase the book, and then activate Immersion Reading.

To use Immersion Reading, open your Kindle book, and then tap the center of the screen. Tap the headphones icon if needed, then tap the Play button to hear narration and see real-time highlighting in the text while you read.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    GAH!!! I missed it twice!
    Me too! Saw it the first time and asked my DH about it. He hesitated and in the morning it was gone. Moped around all day and then missed it AGAIN that night (sigh).
    Mama to my three:
    DD 2/2003
    DD 5/2006
    DS 3/2010

Quote Originally Posted by alandenisefields View Post
    Get $5 promo credit when you purchase a $25 Amazon Gift card: http://amzn.to/2u4PWwC
    Anyone else didn't get the credit for this?
    I didn’t get an email about the credit, so I contacted CS. He said you would only qualify if you got an email about it. Then I looked online and some places stated that it was only for your first gift card purchase.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

On the website from that link, you had to click on something to apply for the promotion, while logged into your account. Then make the purchase. I got my promo code yesterday.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast