Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Amazon Prime Day: July 11

Based on prior years, do we anticipate a deal or dud?

Talk amongst yourselves.
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Figure there will be deals on kindles and instant pots, otherwise who knows

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Last year, it wasn't great, but maybe it will be better this year. I would guess that there might be some good Alexa deals (or deals that you can purchase on Alexa) since Amazon has been pushing Alexa a lot.

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Funny how I heard it was the largest day of sales for Amazon EVER last year, but I didn't buy anything???? How can that be considering I feel like I have 2000 orders so far this year alone? I did three orders just this week.

Was it first timers ?

If they suck me in this year ... i can't imagine their sales/profit ratio!

C'mon on Amazon give me something good!

I thought 2 years ago prime was really good, I got several deals for myself and as kids presents for xmas. But wasn't even happy with last year prime selections, so didn't buy anything. I felt like I already had everything they were pushing last year prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've never really bought much on Prime day either, just a kindle for the kids. I'm on the lookout for another Dot, so hopefully they'll have a deal on that. Also, if anyone sees a discount on Kindle Unlimited please let me know!

I can't remember when it was, but Amazon had deals when buying items through Alexa. I wound up (impulsively) buying a deeply discounted cuisinart griddle/panini/waffle maker. I love that thing.

I admittedly did buy an Instant Pot last year on Prime Day... geez, I love that thing!!!
    I'm also hoping for a deal on Kindle Unlimited.
    I'm guessing that since last year was widely considered a "dud" (not just by us here lol!) they may try to up their game this year.
    What are the chances now that they own Whole Foods that they'll offer some sort of WF deal?!?! A girl can dream... I love that place, but not what it does to my wallet lol!!!
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I've never really bought much on Prime day either, just a kindle for the kids. I'm on the lookout for another Dot, so hopefully they'll have a deal on that. Also, if anyone sees a discount on Kindle Unlimited please let me know!
    There is an early Kindle Unlimited deal already running, $80.xx for one year; $14x.xx for two years.

What do you use the Dot for? My mom sent us two last year for the holiday from HSN -- at like $75 a piece! -- and I sent them back because I have no idea what the point is. We already have Sonos speakers in three rooms of the house for all of the music and there never seems to be anything else we want to know or do that cannot be done on one of our laptops/Chromebook/Kindle/phones.
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms B View Post
    There is an early Kindle Unlimited deal already running, $80.xx for one year; $14x.xx for two years.

What do you use the Dot for? My mom sent us two last year for the holiday from HSN -- at like $75 a piece! -- and I sent them back because I have no idea what the point is. We already have Sonos speakers in three rooms of the house for all of the music and there never seems to be anything else we want to know or do that cannot be done on one of our laptops/Chromebook/Kindle/phones.
    We use our Dots like upstairs Echoes. Also, you can "name them" so they can be used as intercoms between rooms. We have a regular Echo in the kitchen, and then Dots in the bedrooms. We use the Dot to set alarms to get up in the morning, turn on/off the lights/play music/read audio books/ect. The speaker isn't terrific, but it's good enough for a bedroom. I wouldn't use it for downstairs where it's more of an open space.

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms B View Post

Thanks! I didn't see that sale.

We had a Dot in our bedroom, but wound up giving it to my mom. She really likes listening to the radio from her home country, plus she likes to get local weather updates. The speaker quality is fair, but good enough for her needs. I liked being able to listen to music in my room, add things to the grocery list ( I always seem to think of stuff when getting ready in my bathroom lol) and hear weather updates. We own an Echo and have prime.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast