AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Is HBO Go worth it?

I am about 1/2 done with Big Little Lies audio book (book club selection this month) and I am dying to watch the tv show, but it isn't free with my Amazon Prime (I also think I would like Ballers) so I would need HBO Go to interface with my Amazon app on my smart tv. I know I can get 30 days for free, but has anyone kept it longer and enjoyed it? I believe my cable company (Frontier) charges $20/month for it and I don't mind using Amazon app to get there vs. going through cable.

ETA: I can only get 7 days for free with Amazon.....bummer. I can get 30 days with Hulu, but I don't want that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 07-20-2017 at 11:04 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Well, we have HBO Go as part of our cable and we do pay for it. Worth it for us.

That said, we're about to "cut the cord" and will get HBO through Hulu, most likely.
    Sweetie Pies, DS 9/2004 & DS 4/2008

The show is awesome! I loved it. Perfectly cast. We always get HBO when Game of Thrones is one and then cancel. This year we got it free for 6 mo when we switched our dish network programming. However, once I got HBO now, which is the stand alone app. It was glitchy but that was a few years ago when it first came out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Is HBO Go worth it?

So I started the free 7 day subscription of hbo Prime, but it turns out it won't work on my tv (Panasonic Viera Smart tv) even with the Amazon smart tv app that I can watch all other HBO Amazon Prime shows on. Won't be renewing it, but at least I can watch it on my iPad.

HBO Now through my cable provider won't work either as they only work on Samsung Smart TVs. Don't really need an Apple TV or a FireStick to get HBO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 07-20-2017 at 09:23 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have been able to see all the premium pay channel shows i've wanted to by waiting til get them free at my library. It means i have to wait til they're released on dvd but i'm OK with that.