Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Update #11 - Would you go to the doctor for this?

So sometime Saturday morning I think I got a bug bite under my left eye. I was at home cleaning the entire morning. When I woke up my eye was fine, so sign of a bite. But by noon, I saw a red bump under my eye. At that point it looked like a mild mosquito bite maybe. But the thing is that it was so close to my eye I dont know how I got bit there without noticing the bug.

So now its Thursday and every day the swelling seems to get worse. I feel a wierd tingling sensation on my skin on the left side of my face. Whats also weird is that I seem to be getting one of those blind pimples (the kind that are deep under the skin and you cant pop you just have to wait for it to go away) on my nose near my left nostril and across the piece that separates your nostrils. Its not that noticable except that its red and it hurts. I can cover it up easy with a tiny but of concealer. But its on the same side of my face and it also tingles. Before I felt the pain there(its not that bad, but just like a pimple that is tender, I felt a tickling on my face. Also the part under my eye feels like its stinging off and on. It will last for a second or so and go away.

Ok, after writing this I feel like I should probably call the doctor. Could it be an infection? Maybe I need antibiotics? I havent tried Benedryl yet, but I plan to today.

My son had bug bites around his eyes as a toddler and his eyes would swell so bad that he couldnt open them. But I am going on 5 days now and its getting worse not better.

Here are picture from this morning
    https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/ser...555746/enhance
    https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/ser...556195/enhance
    Last edited by khalloc; 07-22-2017 at 08:01 PM.

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would get it checked at this point. Mostly because it's so close to your eye and you are having odd sensations.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

I'd go in since it's getting worse 5 days out. Is it warm to the touch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sounds like a spider bite. I'd see the doctor. Sounds like some nerve issues of some kind and a possible infection.

I would go. This far out, it should be getting better. The tingling makes me think it has a nerve component...is it possible that it's the start of shingles? Hope you feel better soon!

'
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Unfortunately most staph infections are carried in our noses, and the description you gave (blind pimple) sounds like it could be the case. We have experienced it first hand, and the example you gave was similar (looks like a bug bite, swelling, etc). In our experience, just gets more painful, swollen and grows before it would break open and finally heal. Unfortunately it calls for antibiotics ASAP.

We didn't have the pimple on the face, but the sore/bite was on the back, but also had what you described in the nose - which ended up being just as painful as the original back mark.

HOPING it's not the case with you, but i would suggest getting it checked out. ESPECIALLY if it's painful or getting painful. (don't get alarmed with the term - but for my family member it was a case of Community associated MRSA (staph) - - VERY VERY COMMON!!!! )
    Last edited by Mikey0709; 07-20-2017 at 01:33 PM.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm not one to go to the dr for much but I'd go. That area infections can spread quickly.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It doesn't look like shingles, but your description sure made me wonder about shingles. I'd definitely go in.

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes, I'd definitely go in. Could be cellulitis-don't mess around, get it checked!
    DS 2/09

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Another vote for getting it checked out -- too many unpleasant but treatable possibilities.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast