TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Elmer's glue stick deal at Amazon

Just saw this - pack of 30 school glue sticks for $7.88. Not the purple ones that turn clear.
    https://www.amazon.com/Elmers-Purpos...VBXGA99W6M5J5W
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

logan's mom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    Just saw this - pack of 30 school glue sticks for $7.88. Not the purple ones that turn clear.
    https://www.amazon.com/Elmers-Purpos...VBXGA99W6M5J5W
    I bought this deal a few weeks ago... then saw 2 packs of Elmer's glue sticks for 50 cent at Walmart. 30 gluesticks at that price would be $7.50... and the Walmart ones are the disappering purple ones.

So, it may be worth buying if you need 30 glue sticks but not a have to have deal.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by logan's mom View Post
    I bought this deal a few weeks ago... then saw 2 packs of Elmer's glue sticks for 50 cent at Walmart. 30 gluesticks at that price would be $7.50... and the Walmart ones are the disappering purple ones.

So, it may be worth buying if you need 30 glue sticks but not a have to have deal.
    Thanks for the heads up about Walmart. They seem to be slightly smaller sticks (.21 oz for the purple at Walmart vs .24 oz of the non purple at Amazon). I don't need 30; a friend and I were going to split. Last year DD needed 10 total throughout the year, and we use some at home too.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

I had one kid that needed 12 and one kid that needs 16 so the box of 30 worked out for me. I wasn't positive how it would compare to in store deals but sounds like it's not a huge difference so that's nice to know.

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I actually bought this deal because teachers ALWAYS need glue sticks mid-year and I wasn't sure if I was going to find -->. That being said, Walmart USUALLY has the larger "medium-sized" 0.54 ounce purple Elmer's sticks closer to back-to-school time for $0.25/stick. I really stock up on those.
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!