Default Frontier or Marathon for 24 month old???

DS2 had a marathon, but we have to replace it because we were rear ended. (No injuries--thank god). DS2 meets the requirements for both. DS1 has a Frontier that DS2 always wants to sit in. The marathon seems to fit his little body better, but we could potentially get more life out of a Frontier. Thoughts??? Much appreciated.

At that age I would do the Marathon and keep him rear facing for a while longer. But if you are definitely going to forward face and he meets the weight and height requirements for both it is totally personal preference. Some younger kids prefer convertible seats for a while because they tend to be a little more reclined even when forward facing, and the fit is a little more cozy, but that varies a lot from kid to kid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I would keep him rf and get a marathon.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Marathon. I would RF longer, but even if you do not, I find getting the frontier straps tight enough a little tricky on smaller kids.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Marathon

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Granted this was 3 marathon styles ago and kid who was picky about carseats but if the Frontier had been out when she was just 2 and I needed to replace it I would've; she moved to the Frontier at just shy of 3 years old and it worked great for her and she was much happier than she ever was in her Marathon. I tried DD2 in a Frontier 85 (or 90, I can't remember what was out then in 2012) at just 2 yrs. old and I was surprised how well it fit her. I will try and find that photo on this page and link it.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I wouldn't forward face a 24 mo old. But that's just me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

I went with the marathon. It fits him better and we will rear face him a bit longer. Thanks for the input ladies.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I put my just turned 2 yr old in the Frontier when we needed his convertible for the baby. He fit great in it, and there was no problem getting the straps tight enough. We live in a very hot climate, and the openess of the seat helped to keep them a bit cooler than their Advocate seats did.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Personally I would continue to rear-face and get a marathon.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.