chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Road trip to buy furniture?

We need a bunch of furniture. A dining room table. Some kind of wall unit for a very long wall. A kitchen table.

Would it be worthwhile to take a road trip to North Carolina? Is the furniture good? Is there a lot of selection?

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

depends on so many things. There are a million and 1 furniture places in NC. How far/expensive is that for you? And many places will have to make your selections. so you could be looking at 2 trips if you were planning to bring it home yourself. Or I assume you could have it delivered but then what is the point of the road trip?
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Quote Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
    We need a bunch of furniture. A dining room table. Some kind of wall unit for a very long wall. A kitchen table.

Would it be worthwhile to take a road trip to North Carolina? Is the furniture good? Is there a lot of selection?
    Yes and yes, delivery costs are very reasonable.

Thinking of doing the same thing as soon we'll have a whole house to furnish! Any tips from people who've done this? Best stores, what to bring with you (e.g. room measurements, etc)?
    DD Summer 2008
    DS Summer 2010

Yep i went to the hickory furniture mart- reasonable delivery costs and much better selection than my small town . But be prepared to spend at least 2 days- its overwhelming at first . It took me a a day to set my bearings and then I bought the next day

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We've done Furnitureland South in NC when furnishing one or more rooms. Amazing selection, good prices, and reasonable delivery. When 2 rugs went bad, they contacted the manufacturer and refunded our money. Awesome customer service.