Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Instant Pot mini? (update in OP)

Update:

I purchased the Instant Pot mini and first let me say the size is much more manageable on my counter than the other pressure cooker I borrowed from a friend (Cuisinart, 6 qt I think). I have only used it once so far but anticipate using it a lot more. I cooked approx 1.5 lb of frozen boneless chicken breasts in some chicken broth and they came out well! The chicken breasts were large so I did have to cut them in half to fit in the IP. I am excited to try more recipes!

~~~

Has anyone tried the Instant Pot mini yet?
    Last edited by TwoBees; 09-07-2017 at 12:56 PM.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    Has anyone tried the Instant Pot mini yet?
    Bumping. Has anyone tried this size yet?
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've been hoping someone would weigh in, since I have a question about it, but maybe all you "IP Maxi" users can help.

I have a 4-qt Breville Risotto Plus, which has many of the same functions as the IP (slow cook, rice, steam, sauté, risotto) but not pressure cooking. It does a good job BUT only works properly if it's filled pretty full. I'd use it more if I could fill it only halfway, especially for rice and slow cooking. I don't care as much about pressure cooking but the ability to make less than a giant mound of rice would be great!!

Does the IP also need to be filled pretty full? Bonus points if your answer applies to the IP Mini.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My 6 quart IP doesn't need to be filled. I often make small amounts. Shouldn't be an issue for the mini, either.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

PC need a minimum amount of liquid (1 cup I think for IP) - I've made less than 1 cup dry rice in my 6 qt IP. You could make even smaller quantities pot in pot. They cannot be too full in fact 1/2 to 2/3 full depending on whether what you're making expands (e.g. Beans or rice) or not.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just read a review and thought this might be helpful. It sounds like it was reviewed for at least a free product but I've used her recipes before and it seems like she's at least tried a few in it.

https://thisoldgal.com/instant-pot-d...cooker-review/

Another review, less detailed. https://www.pressurecookingtoday.com...o-mini-review/
    Last edited by mikala; 08-15-2017 at 12:19 AM. Reason: So many autocorrect typos

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    I just read a review of it this might be helpful. It sounds like it was reviewed for the slow cooker but I've used her recipes before and it seems like she's at least tried a few in it.

https://thisoldgal.com/instant-pot-d...cooker-review/

Another review, less detailed. https://www.pressurecookingtoday.com...o-mini-review/
    Thanks -- both of these were very helpful. I also downloaded the manual for the Mini.

I think I'll give my Breville multi-cooker another chance, and experiment with cooking different quantities, but I suspect there will be an IP Mini in my future...

I took the plunge and bought it. Target is currently having a $10 gift card offer with purchase and even though I figure that Amazon and the other stores will have great deals around the holidays, I want to be able to use it once school starts and we get really busy. Anyway, I'll update after I have had a chance to play with it.

umsh is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I took the plunge and bought it. Target is currently having a $10 gift card offer with purchase and even though I figure that Amazon and the other stores will have great deals around the holidays, I want to be able to use it once school starts and we get really busy. Anyway, I'll update after I have had a chance to play with it.

Looking forward to your update! I saw the Target deal but I just bought the 8 qt (for large gatherings mostly) on Prime Day so I can't justify the 3 qt unless it's amazing deal...I hope something comes up around Black Friday for it. Would love to have one I could leave out on the counter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It looks so cute I want to get it just for that. lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast