Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    What's Birkoflor?
    It is Birkenstock's non leather man made material. I was skeptical about it but the shoes have worn quite well and my feet haven't been overly sweaty. It has been around for quite some time. Birkibuc is the nubuck version. The footbed is still leather though, unless you buy the Birkenstocks labeled vegan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SASM View Post
    I saw this yesterday. The one that I wanted would have been about $10 cheaper than retail, factoring in the $10 shipping. I had to stop my order and when I went back it was sold out. The Gizeh's seems to have an interesting sizing issue...some seem to fit true to size and some are different. Not sure if it's a "fake Birk" issue or the fact that people are trying to accommodate for the thong. I've been wanting these for a while. I think I am just going to bite the bullet and try to buy from a local store so 1- I know it fits and 2- I know it isn't a fake.

I would definitely try locally. I bought mine from Nordstrom at the beginning of the summer. I'm glad I tried them in-store because my feet were swimming in my regular size. I had to size down.
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 94bruin View Post
    I would definitely try locally. I bought mine from Nordstrom at the beginning of the summer. I'm glad I tried them in-store because my feet were swimming in my regular size. I had to size down.
    I am so glad that I found them locally to try because I normally wear a 10-10.5 but the 40's were a better fit, even with my foot injury/arthritis. Still might have to buy them online because they didn't have the color that I wanted in stock but at least I know my size.

Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

I got some for my daughter at Costco in mid-June. Only the oiled black and Gizeh style. They were 50.00!
    I went back the next week to get two pairs for family, and they were gone. Maybe see if any of the Costcos still have them.

Quote Originally Posted by solsister View Post
    I got some for my daughter at Costco in mid-June. Only the oiled black and Gizeh style. They were 50.00!
    I went back the next week to get two pairs for family, and they were gone. Maybe see if any of the Costcos still have them.
    Wow!!! That's a fantastic deal!!! Nope...I've actually checked my local store and website after reading about it a couple weeks ago on Slickdeals. That's the color I was hoping to buy.

Mom to:
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

I decided to return the pair that I bought locally because I didn't like the color. I just looked on Amazon and saw that black Gizeh's are on sale for <$70 w/free returns...I am going to give them a try. Fingers crossed...

Mom to:
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SASM View Post
    I decided to return the pair that I bought locally because I didn't like the color. I just looked on Amazon and saw that black Gizeh's are on sale for <$70 w/free returns...I am going to give them a try. Fingers crossed...

As long as they are sold by Amazon or 6pm.com I wouldn't worry. Look for the made in Germany markings, the imprinted Birk on he bottom sole, and on the buckle.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2