Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would love it if he would use a planet box. But then there's the whole teenage boy in high school thing… not sure he would be willing.

For days that dd couldn't access her locker, she used to take containers in a thin tote bag. It's a whole lot less bulky than a lunch bag and easy to carry.

I've been drooling over these stackable stainless insulated lunchboxes, and I would totally get it for DD if she still needed a lunchbox, though it won't work for DS. I wish it came in plain stainless.

https://topshelfsquare.com/products/cute-lunch-box

I'm rethinking the planet box.… He definitely likes the boxes with compartments and it's fairly simple looking.

DD says at her school there are a lot of Japanese kids who bring bento style lunchboxes, so it's no big deal even for the boys to bring in something like a planet box. That's a relief… Maybe I'm remembering made-for-TV high school dramas LOL

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Lunchboxes for high school boys

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Niccig, how do you just use laptop inserts? Yours must have lids- I have the original version and only two of the boxes have lids.
    I have the version with only 1 box with a lid. I put anything wet in there. The 2 small containers are for snacks and I sometimes put glad press n seal on those to keep the snacks contained. The bread we use for sandwiches is too thick for the lid to close properly, so I'll use press n seal on the snack containers when he had a sandwich, and put 2 elastic bands around the container to keep it all together. It goes in a Lands End lunch bag and that keeps it all contained too.

On days he wants hot lunch in his thermos, I put snacks and fruit in smaller containers in the lands end lunch bag. We may do this if he stops wanting the laptop lunch box, or I might try the ziplock divided container

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 08-13-2017 at 03:58 PM.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Niccig, how do you just use laptop inserts? Yours must have lids- I have the original version and only two of the boxes have lids.
    When we bought them, I bought an extra set so we had boxes for snacks, etc. Those all came with lids. So I have lids for the sandwich sized, longer rectangle sized, and 2 smaller containers. This was 2009 for the set that DS1 uses.
    Kris

DS agreed to the lunchbots. His only stipulation was that it must not leak and shouldn't be too bulky. I'm planning to get a trio two divided container and a couple of leakproof ones for juicy fruits.
    He doesn't want a bulky lunchbox so I'm looking into lunch sacks and I want something sturdy that will last and is machine washable. At least we're getting somewhere!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2