Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

We are supposed give DS's teacher those eval forms every few months to evaluate how his meds are working. The psychiatrist gives them to us.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This was helpful to me. I have been on the fence about neuropsych testing for DS1 and possibly both DS2 and DS3 (do they have a family discount, lol?) The school has really tried to dissuade me from testing my kids. DS1 is doing "well" but I'm constantly amazed at how incredibly behind he seems in so many ways. I think I'm going to really actively pursue this this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    This was helpful to me. I have been on the fence about neuropsych testing for DS1 and possibly both DS2 and DS3 (do they have a family discount, lol?) The school has really tried to dissuade me from testing my kids. DS1 is doing "well" but I'm constantly amazed at how incredibly behind he seems in so many ways. I think I'm going to really actively pursue this this year.
    Definitely pursue private testing. No one at our school would have ever said something is "wrong" with DS1. No major behavior issues, on track academically, and zero social issues. However, the private psychologist we took him to (2.5 hours of 1 on 1 testing) had zero doubts DS has ADHD and could benefit from daytime meds. He's only been on meds a short while and we are still working on dosage, but I can already tell DS is going to amazingly well academically this year. While he was never behind compared to his peers, I knew he could do much better. It only took him minimal effort for him to be secure in everything at school, so the fact that he wasn't able to focus would never have signaled a problem to school.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Definitely pursue private testing. No one at our school would have ever said something is "wrong" with DS1. No major behavior issues, on track academically, and zero social issues. However, the private psychologist we took him to (2.5 hours of 1 on 1 testing) had zero doubts DS has ADHD and could benefit from daytime meds. He's only been on meds a short while and we are still working on dosage, but I can already tell DS is going to amazingly well academically this year. While he was never behind compared to his peers, I knew he could do much better. It only took him minimal effort for him to be secure in everything at school, so the fact that he wasn't able to focus would never have signaled a problem to school.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Your DS1 sounds like my DS2! My other two are quite clearly extreme in their classes. But DS2 who was always my "easy" one has always seemed smarter than he is achieving, if that makes sense. And lately he's had some behavioral issues. I'm going to see what I can set up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3