JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default WTB jeans for short boys?

So, ds is 11 and on the short side. He has been wearing elastic band pants forever, and we finally agreed he should have some jeans for middle school. Went to Old Navy yesterday and had a difficult time. The 8s are too tight. The 10s are long, but manageable ...but seem very form fitting, which he doesn't like. We ended up with one type of 10 regulars that he could not wear after trying on many of their sizes and styles. It was very form fitting, but the 10 husky was too big. they did not have any 8 huskys in stock, but they have may have worked. It seems odd to me because he is not overweight for his height by any means and, in any case, they did not have them. We haven't been to Children's Place, but it looks like they are having a good sale, so I may try there. He has an idea in his head that he's too old to shop there, though.

Any ideas where to go and what kind of jeans would work? I would rather buy in a store, so we can try them on without having to return by mail.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My boys will ONLY wear softer jeans.... they also have worn elastic band pants forever. Old navy doesn't work for us - they hate the tightness or stiffness.

Hands down - these are THE BEST i have found them (recommended from these boards!). Our target had them in stock to try. They are as comfy as athletic pants! My kids wore them a little longer and just bunched at the hem, but i'm sure you could put a jean hem on them if necessary. I don't know what we will do when we outgrow the biggest size. They are Denizen by Levi:
    https://www.target.com/p/denizen-174...elect=23975765

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey0709 View Post
    My boys will ONLY wear softer jeans.... they also have worn elastic band pants forever. Old navy doesn't work for us - they hate the tightness or stiffness.

Hands down - these are THE BEST i have found them (recommended from these boards!). Our target had them in stock to try. They are as comfy as athletic pants! My kids wore them a little longer and just bunched at the hem, but i'm sure you could put a jean hem on them if necessary. I don't know what we will do when we outgrow the biggest size. They are Denizen by Levi:
    https://www.target.com/p/denizen-174...elect=23975765
    Totally agree!
    DS 5/09

Default WTB jeans for short boys?

Following. DS1 is very short and he has a hard time with pants. He doesn't have an ounce of fat on him, but he's very muscular for an 8 year old, so pants that fit him length wise are tight on his bottom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for the suggestions!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

These are some great suggestions. Will definitely have to pass them on to my sister for her boys.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I find the GAP's jeans run short.