Default Booster help for 38lb 6 yo

I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do for my 6 year old daughter this year. For background, we go to private school and carpool with another family. The other family has one child a 12 year old- they are far out of the carseat stage. They will need a carseat that is lightweight and easy to move out of the backseat (no permanently installed carseat). If my daughter was two pounds heavier, I would have a ton of options, but she is a featherweight (my 3 yo is only two pounds lighter and he isn't exactly big). I see the Aidia Scout Backless Booster is approved for 30lbs. Does anyone know anything about this seat? Any other recommendations? She is still in a 5 pt harness in our car. The carpool will be around 5 times a week, and it is 10.2 miles door to door. They could be traveling on highway or backroads depending on traffic.

ETA- she is 44.5 inches tall

TIA!
    Last edited by turtledove; 08-19-2017 at 10:11 AM.
    Mamma to a pretty little princess 3/06, a long awaited blessing 6/11, and a sweet surprise 11/13!

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That's hard because I would really want her harnessed on big roads.

Having said that the Harmony booster at Walmart is good for 30 lbs +and it is what I use for my 35 lb almost 5 year old for travel.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The Evenflo Amp and Big Kid boosters start at 30 lb.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Thanks, I will check out the ratings of the above mentioned seats.
    Mamma to a pretty little princess 3/06, a long awaited blessing 6/11, and a sweet surprise 11/13!

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Either of the boosters just mentioned will be fine. Ratings for boosters are a bit different than harnessed seats, most do a pretty good job, really, just bring one home and make sure she can buckle it ans that it works with the seat belts in the cars being used. A 6 year old who is almost 40 lbs will be fine if the booster is used correctly.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    A 6 year old who is almost 40 lbs will be fine if the booster is used correctly.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Thanks for helping me feel better about this! I have been trying to fatten her up all summer, but it hasn't worked, lol! I don't have worries about her behavior or ability to sit properly, just her size.