Default Car seat from Amazonia warehouse deals

I know a lot of people have bought car seats from amazon warehouse deals. Many people even say they came looking nearly new with original tags attached and everything. I ordered a car seat for the nanny's car. She will be driving my DS once a day but would not necessarily keep the seat in the car over the weekend or other times she needed use of the backseat. So, we wanted something affordable, light, and easy to install. To save a few bucks we bought a warehouse deal seat that came today. I did not have a similar experience to others. The tags were not attached and it did not look new. There were no stains, but the fabric didn't look "fresh" and there were crumbs in the creases of the fabric. It was not in the original box (which I knew when I ordered it) but the box it was in did not fit the seat and the seat was put in a box with no packing material what so ever so it was free to bump around inside the box during transit.

My question is, how do I know if this seat is safe? I've read on here so many times not to use borrowed seats if you don't know they haven't been in an accident. Do I just assume it's safe cause it's sold by amazon. I want to save a few bucks, but not at the expense of using a potentially unsafe seat. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What was the condition as advertised? I have bought lots of stuff from Amazon warehouse but only get "like new" or "very good". A few times, things have arrived in different condition than described and I have contacted Amazon and either sent it back or i have gotten an additional discount. In your case I think I would send it back and try again.

I've ordered two car seats from the warehouse and both still had tags attached.

DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

It wasn't like new, but I think it was very good.

I just don't like the condition for a car seat. Maybe I'd be ok with it if it was a stroller. Will try to return.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I bought two seats from the Amazon Warehouse and they were in box new condition. I would totally complain to Amazon about that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)