Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Help finding slim pants for DD

DD2 is a tiny girl. She just turned 10 last month and is 53lbs. She has long legs though and a tiny waist. She needs a size 8/10 in the length and a size 6/7 for the waist. My mom makes her dresses and last year she made a size 6 dress and it was even a little loose on her.
    Some leggings work but even some those are too baggy in the waist. She can wear Cat and Jack in a 7/8 but in a couple months they will be too short. And then the 8/10 is too big in the waist. Same with Gymboree, and Lands End, and Children's place.
    I would like to have her have other pants besides leggings too because then we always have the debate about covering you butt with a longer shirt.
    Who makes slim pants that are comfortable? Lands End carries slim pants but she says that they aren't comfortable.

Right now she has 2 pair of pants (hand me downs) and 4 pair of leggings that will be too short soon.
    Promoting inclusiveness from within the special needs community
    "Just Include Everybody"
    includestephanie.com
    Stephanie's Shirt Shop on Facebook and Instagram

Mom to
    DD1 7-3-05
    DD2 7-5-07
    DS1 3-23-10

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Gymboree, The Children's Place, Old Navy, Gap, LLBean also have Slim sizes online. You can occasionally find them in store but the selection is much better on line.

I have the same issue with leggings but don't worry too much about them being short because then they are just ankle or Capri length! In the winter DD often wears tall boots so you can't see the length anyway.

My 10 yo is super tiny. Wears children's place size 5/6 capris. For long pants, I have the best luck with H&M. They run slim and long.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We have the same problem with DD1- she's 9, but usually wears a size 6/7 in the waist, but needs a 9/10 for the length. We've had some luck with Old Navy and Children's place pants that have the adjustable waistband. They don't look perfect when they're all scrunched up in the waist, but at least they don't fall down, the length is ok, and you can cover the waist with a t-shirt or sweater.

We've also had some luck with slim sizes at Justice.
    DD1 '08
    DD2 '10

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We've also had a lot of luck with H&M clothes for my tall/skinny kids. DD refuses to wear dresses anymore and I will sometimes just buy her pants she likes and then take in the waist/back a bit by hand or sewing machine. It can be a little time consuming, but not as time consuming as running around to a bunch of stores shopping with a tween!

H&M, Tractr brand (Nordstrom carries it, and Costco had some last fall), and Tea Collection all run slim. The Children's Place has slim sized jeans. I've found that a lot of places claim to have slim sizes, but they're only in uniform pants, which my girls don't need. For refrence, my girls are 9 y/o and weigh approximately 44 pounds. They can wear 4-5 in waist, but they wear 8 for length
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 08-25-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Thanks, I'll try H&M if I can make it there. We moved to a town with no mall (after have 3 malls within 15miles) so my options are pretty limited. But I try to make it back to my old town once a month. I think we should be fine for the next month but i want to be ready for when the cold comes.

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

IME, GAP tends to have the slimmest (narrowest in waist and leg) of the brands that make slim pants. Some Levi's can run very slim, too.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Help finding slim pants for DD

DD2 has that same problem as she is 51" and 48lbs so when she wears jeans she has worn the Cat & Jack jegging or Old Navy slim jeans. She can wear an Old Navy 7. The ON jeans were DD1s, but I doubt this has changed in the 3-4 yrs. since I originally bought these jeans. Jeans for my girls have always had to have the adjustable elastic waist cinchers.

Once DD1 stopped needing a true slim jean (around the time she turned 9) we had good luck with Levi's jeans we got at Costco, and still get her jeans Old Navy; I think she has the skinny jeans, just not slim. The Levi's don't have an adjustable waist and fit fine.

I haven't bought Gymboree or The Children's Place long jeans since my kids were maybe 5 so I can't comment on the current fit of those, but they were great for toddler/preschool (with a single style of non skinny Baby Gap brand jeans). TCP also runs notoriously small although I did buy DD2 some shorts there this summer and they were still too baggy for her even in a size 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 08-27-2017 at 08:07 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I ended up finding 2 pairs of slim jeans that feel like leggings but aren't sold as jeggings at Walmart. Just passing through there and noticed they had slim jeans and brought 2 different ones home in 2 different brands and one 8slim and one 10slim and they both fit and she likes them. Not sure how long they will last but I'm so happy she has pants since it's suppose to be in the 60s this week for the start of school.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast