TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Squeezing in three across

I need to be able to fit a LBB in my car for carpool once a week. I currently have a Marathon Clicktight and a Recaro Performance Sport installed in the outboard positions. I bought a Harmony booster but it will not fit between the two other seats. Do the car seats need to be absolutely centered on the car's seat when installed, or can I shift them closer to the doors as long as I can still get a tight install? I definitely have room to move the Marathon closer to the door, but I don't know if that is acceptable.

My other option is to move the Marathon to the center position but that's not my preference (my kids do NOT need to be within arms reach of one another right now).

Any other ideas?
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Can you stick a bubble bum in the middle? That's my go to for carpools.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Shifting your existing seats toward the doors is fine as long as they are still installed with less than an inch of movement at the belt path. Seatbelt installations tend to give more ability to do this than lower anchor installations.

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Buckling anything between regular car seats was a challenge/pain for us. We opted to replace with a third row vehicle when the time came

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Squeezing in three across

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Can you stick a bubble bum in the middle? That's my go to for carpools.

Is the bubble bum narrower than the harmony? I thought the harmony was the narrowest option.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    Shifting your existing seats toward the doors is fine as long as they are still installed with less than an inch of movement at the belt path. Seatbelt installations tend to give more ability to do this than lower anchor installations.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Buckling anything between regular car seats was a challenge/pain for us. We opted to replace with a third row vehicle when the time came

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's also the most expensive option! Lol!

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    Is the bubble bum narrower than the harmony? I thought the harmony was the narrowest option.
    Yes! Bubble bum is our go to for middle position with three across. We also have a couple harmony boosters and the bubble bum is narrower.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)