Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default **Best Deal Ever on PRISMACOLOR Colored Pencils (set of 72) !!!!!

This is the best deal ever for the Prismacolor Colored Pencils (set of 72)!!! Don't wait to buy them!! The price
    fluctuates on Amazon and this is the best price on this set in 11 years.

The lowest price in CamelCamelCamel's 11-year history for the Prismacolor Colored Pencils (set of 72) is $25.00.
    Currently, the price on Amazon is now $24.00.

https://www.amazon.com/Prismacolor-P...red+pencils+72

So, I went to Staples and had Staples do their 110% price match guarantee. (Staples will match Amazon.com)
    That brings the price down to $21.60 for the Prismacolor Colored Pencils (set of 72)!!!!! That is crazy!!!

And, I got even luckier! I bought the last 2 sets that my Staples had in stock. The computer rang up my total price at $35.02.
    The store manager couldn't figure out how to change the price so he only charged me the $35.02.
    Crazy awesome deal!!!

I am keeping one set for myself and I'm giving the other set to my daughter as a stocking stuffer!! Great gift!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

AmyZ is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Thank you!! No time to go to Staples, so I just purchased from Amazon. Great deal!!
    Our string quartet is complete

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks! The 24 ct is on sale too.

Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils, Soft Core, 24-Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006IEEU..._2vDSzb5TG29SW

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you!!! I just went into my Staples this afternoon to grab two 72-ct's and was FLOORED that they sell them for $99.99/each at Staples!! Needless to say, the sales associate was more than a little shocked at my "110% price guarantee" find. Several managers were called, etc. I scored 2 packages for $35.xx total, as well!! Not sure how that worked out but I am not complaining!!

This afternoon when I was purchasing mine, they were still sold and shipped from Amazon for $24. NOW they are even lower...$21.99!! Not sold by Amazon so you cannot bring it into Staples BUT it's still Prime!!
    Last edited by SASM; 09-12-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Quote Originally Posted by SASM View Post
    Thank you!!! I just went into my Staples this afternoon to grab two 72-ct's and was FLOORED that they sell them for $99.99/each at Staples!! Needless to say, the sales associate was more than a little shocked at my "110% price guarantee" find. Several managers were called, etc. I scored 2 packages for $35.xx total, as well!! Not sure how that worked out but I am not complaining!!

This afternoon when I was purchasing mine, they were still sold and shipped from Amazon for $24. NOW they are even lower...$21.99!! Not sold by Amazon so you cannot bring it into Staples BUT it's still Prime!!
    Thanks for pointing out that you can't bring to Staples unless sold by amazon! Saved me a trip and potentially missing the deal! Would have been amazing to score for $110% guarantee at that price (if PP is correct it's $100-20=80 difference so $8 off then they'd have been $12 each! WOW! But can't complain at $20.)

ETA: For those who use these, what do you use to sharpen? Reading reviews in various places it sounds like the "wax cores" are prone to breakage when you try to sharpen. Seeing some complaints that the plant was moved to Mexico and quality is poor now, cores aren't centered in wood bored hence the breakage.

Also FYI someone on SD posted that the 24 count was on clearance at their Walmart for $2 in the school supplies. May want to check. I saw some when I was there 2 days ago but it was marked $14 and scanners were broken so I didn't bother to try. Perhaps I should go back!? That's going to be a HUGE YMMV but if you're there anyway, worth a look maybe? May be a lower version Prismacolor (I didn't look closely) but maybe for the kids?
    Last edited by calebsmama03; 09-14-2017 at 03:18 PM.

babyonway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

LOL for some strange reason Subscribe and Save was an option for me with a 5% discount (rather than 15% even though I have a ton of items on S&S) bringing the price from $22 to $20.90.
    Mama to my sweet lil girl (Summer 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by babyonway View Post
    LOL for some strange reason Subscribe and Save was an option for me with a 5% discount (rather than 15% even though I have a ton of items on S&S) bringing the price from $22 to $20.90.
    I saw that! lol I've had issues (rarely) where a good deal had that option to I did it to save a little more and then they item was "no longer offered under S&S program" by the time my ship date arrived so it got cancelled. Just FYI if you'd be heartbroken to miss out.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hmmm.....do I really need these? I have an almost brand new set of whatever brand AC Moore sells and my kids have Crayola. What makes these better?

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    Hmmm.....do I really need these? I have an almost brand new set of whatever brand AC Moore sells and my kids have Crayola. What makes these better?
    These are real art pencils - this is what my mom used in art school and still uses. They blend better than the cheap ones, but as they are made with real pigments, I don't think they qualify as "nontoxic". Bear that in mind if you have little people at home.

I think I saw a deal on the markers, too....have to go dig thru my email.

My Staples would not price match, as they could not find the "shipped by Amazon" on the mobile site. As they came out of the store room with a badly dented box, I would prefer Amazon, anyhow.

ETA - I think the color selection is better, as well the pigments as being richer and deeper than Crayola. I have to color a long time with cheap pencils to get the same amount of color on the page.

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by robinsmommy View Post

My Staples would not price match, as they could not find the "shipped by Amazon" on the mobile site. As they came out of the store room with a badly dented box, I would prefer Amazon, anyhow.
    I had that same problem today, here's the solution...

Look directly below the price, where it says "prime/free one day… Delivered tomorrow for free… "

And then the next line down it will say "note: available at a lower price from other sellers"

Click on "other sellers," That will give you the list of all sellers and it will tell who is selling and at what price. Currently, it has Amazon selling it at $22.86. Once the manager saw that, they gave me the 110% price guarantee… $14ish for a pack! :-)

Staples keeps these in a back room (bring them the card hanging under the shelf tag and they will find the right item) - our boxes look just fine.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast