Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I've never seen anyone not wearing a pair of soccer shorts (adidas or any no name brand) even if they have leggings or coldgear under. I've never seen anyone, rec or select, wear sweatpants instead. When cold, mine have worn UA or Nike coldgear(thin and silky and stretchy) under their shorts. And under their jersey too. I hate being cold too so I'd get her a pair of coldgear (can use in ski season too!) and soccer shorts, they are inexpensive at Big 5 here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

when it has been super cold, the kids have worn their long underwear under their shorts.

I get all my sports shorrs at yard sales and Goodwill (specifically found Umbros there once!).
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    How much do you think Umbros cost? They are often $10. And you can find things like that at Once Upon a Child.
    Pre-owned clothing grosses DH out, so I can't actually buy anything from a thrift shop.

New Umbros, when I was buying them, cost $20-$25, of course, they were adult sized, so maybe my perception really is skewed.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    ... inexpensive at Big 5 here.
    We don't have that store here.

I have Target, Walmart, Old Navy, Gap, Athleta (not buying her Athleta Girl and she knows it!) and a lot of outlets - Nike, UA, Adidas, Reebok, etc. - in reasonable driving distance.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Pre-owned clothing grosses DH out, so I can't actually buy anything from a thrift shop.

New Umbros, when I was buying them, cost $20-$25, of course, they were adult sized, so maybe my perception really is skewed.
    Why does he need to know?
    They are $12 on Amazon. Dick's sells them too, which is where I get them on sale for $10.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Why does he need to know?
    They are $12 on Amazon. Dick's sells them too, which is where I get them on sale for $10.

Seriously, I don't see the need to tell him it's used if he has an irrational fear of pre-owned clothing. It isn't as if new clothing is pristine - fabrics have all sorts of chemicals from the manufacturing process, are often stored in factories with rodents and such and shipped on boats alongside things we'd probably rather not think about.

In our area rec soccer girls usually wear leggings, shorts, or shorts over leggings depending on the weather. I've seen everything from soccer shorts to just regular knit shorts from summer. No one cares as long as they are wearing their team shirts and shin guards.

Our mom 2 mom clothing resales and Facebook groups tend to have a lot of cheap girls athletic gear in like new condition and I'm guessing you could find some on end of season sales.

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would get something like this with leggings underneath when it's cold:

https://www.target.com/p/girls-run-s...90#lnk=sametab
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Kids umbros are $8 at Dicks

https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/u...grlschckshrapb

Not that that is what you need to buy, just that that's about the same as going to Target so not as expensive as you remember
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

mom2khj is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Mine won't wear pants no matter how cold it is. When they were really little, we just did generic black warm ups or solid black leggings under their shorts (their uniforms always came with shorts) for colder days.
    mom to DD1 (17), DD2 (14) and DS (9)

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Leggings for under shorts and/or long-sleeve UnderArmour type shirt for under uniform shirt. They usually do one or the other. If it's the shirt half the time they end up taking it off halfway through the game unless it's rainy/raw/freezing.

I'm pretty sure we've gotten those loose-fit type soccer shorts somewhere for cheap... can't think of where I've seen them recently (not really looking so not paying attention lol!).
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast