Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Why does he need to know?
    They are $12 on Amazon. Dick's sells them too, which is where I get them on sale for $10.
    The only surprises he likes are birthday and Christmas presents ... and I'm terrible at stretching the truth. (I don't really know how. I'm not any good at lying either.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by mom2khj View Post
    Mine won't wear pants no matter how cold it is. When they were really little, we just did generic black warm ups or solid black leggings under their shorts (their uniforms always came with shorts) for colder days.
    This is rec soccer; there are t-shirts, that's about it.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    Seriously, I don't see the need to tell him it's used if he has an irrational fear of pre-owned clothing. It isn't as if new clothing is pristine - fabrics have all sorts of chemicals from the manufacturing process, are often stored in factories with rodents and such and shipped on boats alongside things we'd probably rather not think about.

In our area rec soccer girls usually wear leggings, shorts, or shorts over leggings depending on the weather. I've seen everything from soccer shorts to just regular knit shorts from summer. No one cares as long as they are wearing their team shirts and shin guards.

Our mom 2 mom clothing resales and Facebook groups tend to have a lot of cheap girls athletic gear in like new condition and I'm guessing you could find some on end of season sales.
    I always wash her clothes before she wears them; fabric treatments actually make me break out, so I've been pre-washing my own clothes for decades. I wouldn't do anything differently for my child.

I don't belong to any FB clothing resale groups.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For rec soccer, any pair of athletic shorts will do. Shorts are all on sale now, so I'm sure you can find something athletic looking. My boys will wear leggings (ua cold gear, c9 or llbean) under 50 degrees. They will wear a long sleeve cold gear or c9 shirt at 55 or so. None of the older club kids or hs players wear leggings ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

At that age, and for rec soccer, any athletic sweats (no shorts over) were absolutely fine.

Default What Kind of Pants Do Your Kids Wear for Soccer?

Quote Originally Posted by bnme View Post
    At that age, and for rec soccer, any athletic sweats (no shorts over) were absolutely fine.
    I heard a rec coach tell a kid last week, "63 is not cold. Tell your mom you need to wear shorts to soccer."

Refs need to see shin guards-so don't wear pants.

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD played rec league for several years (now just doesn't play) and wore any kind of comfortable shorts. I did have an athletic type pair that I got from Target but I'm pretty sure there were days those were in the wash and we grabbed whatever was free. If it was cold we put leggings under (and pulled shin guards over leggings). I've also seen girls just wear leggings.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post

Refs need to see shin guards-so don't wear pants...
    Yes, I know; I played as a kid. I'd often put the shin guards on the outside of my sweats until I decided that stunk and wanted shorts.

That's why I was thinking about leggings - they're close to the body, so the shin guards go outside.

I probably should've just asked DD, though, because she wants shorts.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Default What Kind of Pants Do Your Kids Wear for Soccer?

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Yes, I know; I played as a kid. I'd often put the shin guards on the outside of my sweats until I decided that stunk and wanted shorts.

That's why I was thinking about leggings - they're close to the body, so the shin guards go outside.

I probably should've just asked DD, though, because she wants shorts.
    Good call. Check ON for some athletic shorts deals. My guys have adidas testigo for their travel clubs but there's no need for real soccer shorts for rec soccer. Get soccer socks though. Black is best. After many years at this, my boys' fav socks for Rex games are reebok multi sport socks. You want some stretch to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Good call. Check ON for some athletic shorts deals. My guys have adidas testigo for their travel clubs but there's no need for real soccer shorts for rec soccer. Get soccer socks though. Black is best. After many years at this, my boys' fav socks for Rex games are reebok multi sport socks. You want some stretch to them.
    Yeah, she has the socks with the built-in pockets for shin guards. They're white; I know they'll stain. I'm looking into getting her another pair so I don't have to wash right away after practice for Saturday games. TBH, I wanted to get her the non-sock shin guards, but they didn't have her size.

We have a good selection of stores where we can get stuff (not ordering online because we need them for Friday) - Old Navy (2 locations), Modell's, Sports Authority, Dick's, and Target - so I'll take her out tomorrow once I decide where our best bet will be. What stinks is the size she needs seems to be the size EVERYONE needs, so most stores' selections kind of suck.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast