Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ilfaith is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

One thing I would check on is whether your league allows shorts with pockets. Many athletic shorts have them, and our league does not permit them. I have seen a ref duct tape pickets closed.

I recently bought Umbro soccer shorts for my boys at Dick's for <$10. I imagine Academy would have similarly priced shorts.

We live in Florida and have never needed any extra layer under shorts...although we have had a few winter games where I've layered long sleeves under their jerseys.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ilfaith View Post
    One thing I would check on is whether your league allows shorts with pockets. Many athletic shorts have them, and our league does not permit them. I have seen a ref duct tape pickets closed.
    It's rec soccer, instructional league. I don't think they care much!

As it is, I got her 3 pairs of Umbros from Dick's because they were $7.98 last week. They should get her through 'til spring, and she won't be mucking around in her "good" shorts on the field, which saves me a bit of laundry.

Right now, due to the influence of tropical storms and hurricanes, we're experiencing unusually hot & humid weather, so our next step is figuring out how to allow her some water for cooling without her dumping her drinking water over her head. (I suggested to DH that we buy her a dollar-store spray bottle for that.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4