Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Has anyone seen school supplies on clearance at Target?

School supplies were still regular price at my Target yesterday, but moved and consolidated to one aisle to make way for Halloween. I thought for sure these would be clearanced by now. I want to stock up on paper and markers and glue for our house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I checked my closest store today, things are being moved, but not clearanced yet (except for a few random lunch boxes and backpacks).

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm no expert but I know I've always bought supplies when they first release the specials and haven't noticed the price going DOWN but rather going up? I know I've been in the position before of having waited too long to get supplies and paying MORE for them rather than less. I'd love to be mistaken! Of course, my Target doesn't put much on clearance and often when people in other areas have amazing deals we just don't here. I'll be heading to Target later today and I'll see if there is some hidden clearance somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I'm no expert but I know I've always bought supplies when they first release the specials and haven't noticed the price going DOWN but rather going up? I know I've been in the position before of having waited too long to get supplies and paying MORE for them rather than less. I'd love to be mistaken! Of course, my Target doesn't put much on clearance and often when people in other areas have amazing deals we just don't here. I'll be heading to Target later today and I'll see if there is some hidden clearance somewhere.
    Yes. Ours never puts most things on clearance. Just some backpacks and lunch boxes.

I haven't see any on clearance yet, but then school hasn't even started in some towns here. But not everything goes clearance and some stuff goes up in price as PP mentioned.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

meggie t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I agree with prices increasing rather than decreasing. I just purchased some well priced school supplies from Walmart.com last night.

Our target today had rainbow ticonderoga for $1.18, packs of red pens for 28 cents, 12 packs of highlighters for 58 cents (yes i bought all they had), ticonderoga 3pack of erasers for 58 cents... LOTS of pencil bags on clearance, and there were three workers marking down things as I was there! Going back tomorrow! But the different targets in our area all TOTALLY do their own thing... weird.

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Finally my store had lots of stuff 50% off! Folders, pencils, notebooks, glue sticks, etc. Also found some Lunchskins over by the luggage and more school supplies and art stuff on clearance in the office supply area.

Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My Target had notebooks and certain items 70% off when I was there on Friday morning.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Went again today and lots of notebooks for $0.05 and. $0.02 and folders for a penny and a nickel.

Proud mama to:
    DD 2006
    DS1 2008
    DS2 2010

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast