Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I've heard good things about this (never been here myself)
    https://www.trappfamily.com/reunions-celebrations.htm
    think you could come up with a meal plan if you called them

Some good ideas here
    http://traveltips.usatoday.com/allin...nd-110465.html

Tyler's place is super $$ but gets amazing reviews maybe if you booked in the shoulder season it could be an option
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I apologize for abandoning this thread and everyone's great ideas!! I was hoping I would have more to report, it would help if my parents could agree on what they want for the vacation!

My mom is all about this place:
    https://timberlock.com/

It sounds wonderful, but is a little too much like our week in Maine every year at my parent's cabin. My Dad is really looking for this to be "different" and "exotic". He has an idea of a Caribbean locale where the kids would be entertained, but we could also explore and get "local flavor". So we are trying to find a Caribbean all-inclusive that isn't crazy expensive, either Christmas week or February break (I know, peak times).

The other option that we have posed is the Outer Banks. Different than New England, drive-able for a lot of us, and we could get an amazing house for reasonable money, and use the rest to fund eating out or having food delivered.

So a few questions:
    - Does anyone have a kid friendly, all-inclusive Caribbean recommendation that is a little more budget-friendly than Beaches (I wish we could afford that!!)
    - If we skip all inclusive, any amazing kid-friendly Caribbean hotels that you can really get into the local culture and has great local dining options?
    - For those who have gone to OBX, do you have any food delivery/caterer recommendations for a large group?

Thank you again for all the input!!!
    Last edited by Mommy_Mea; 11-26-2017 at 07:45 AM.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Honestly, I'd contact a travel agent. They are very helpful and may have ideas that you hadn't imagined. I have heard it isn't more expensive and they often can be very helpful at setting up special events and smoothing over any problems. I think many people overlook travel agents expertise.

That timberlock resort looks nice, BUT, I have spent summers in the Adirondacks and I'd want to know I had air conditioning available for comfy sleeping if was during a hot spell. And if you already go to Maine in the summer it wouldn't be too different.

My parents took us the Cayman Islands when I was in high school. We rented a condo, so you'd have the option to do breakfast and lunch and eat out for dinner, or do meals outside/hire a chef for meals in a common area?

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Honestly, I'd contact a travel agent. They are very helpful and may have ideas that you hadn't imagined. I have heard it isn't more expensive and they often can be very helpful at setting up special events and smoothing over any problems. I think many people overlook travel agents expertise.

That timberlock resort looks nice, BUT, I have spent summers in the Adirondacks and I'd want to know I had air conditioning available for comfy sleeping if was during a hot spell. And if you already go to Maine in the summer it wouldn't be too different.

My parents took us the Cayman Islands when I was in high school. We rented a condo, so you'd have the option to do breakfast and lunch and eat out for dinner, or do meals outside/hire a chef for meals in a common area?
    Thanks, my sister has a friend that is a travel agent, and I think we are going to try and work through her. Reading about the Caribbean/Mexico is making my head spin!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

And in a final update, we are going to Turks and Caicos A long story, but along the way my parents increased the budget, and now we are going to Beaches. This is the family who camped in a giant leaky canvas tent as vacation growing up! Should be a giant change and lots of fun! thanks again for all the input!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

You will have a wonderful time!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    And in a final update, we are going to Turks and Caicos A long story, but along the way my parents increased the budget, and now we are going to Beaches. This is the family who camped in a giant leaky canvas tent as vacation growing up! Should be a giant change and lots of fun! thanks again for all the input!
    Sounds awesome! Have a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2