Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Favorite Laser Printers?

We are about ready to trash the HP inkjet printer and get a laser printer. We want wireless printing capability, but don't care about scanning, color, etc. Priorities are reliability, ease of use with both Apple and non-Apple computers, and price of toner. Any suggestions?

I have an HP one at my office that I have been happy with for the past 8 years and it seems to be ok on longevity of ink, though I don't buy the refills so I have no idea how much they cost. But it isn't wireless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Mommy_Mea is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

we have a brother 2270w, and it has been a great work horse. we buy off brand toner replacement, but I don't think the brother brand is too painful, especially with how long the cartridges last!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    we have a brother 2270w, and it has been a great work horse. we buy off brand toner replacement, but I don't think the brother brand is too painful, especially with how long the cartridges last!
    This exactly. I've been very pleased with our Brother.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We just bought the Brother 9340CDW laser printer a few weeks ago, and we like it. I plan on buying the off brand toner from Amazon, not the Brother toner.

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420931,00.asp

It is prob more than you are looking for, since it is a multifunction laser printer that has scanning, copying and faxing. I didn't even set up the faxing component, since I don't really fax. I did want a laser printer that has scanning and copying all in one. It prints in both color and black.

There are also some models with similar features, but lower priced--Models 9330 and 9130 as well.

The 2270 model mentioned by PPs is prob a better fit because it is monochrome and doesn't have all the multifunction features you don't need.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

We've been happy with Brother personal lasers. We owned them before it was a common thing. I think our first was in 2000. And we used and abused it - many thousands of prints running a non-profit from our home, so not typical home use.

We're now on our third, but they do last forever. We replaced our second only because we wanted to upgrade to a color version. We currently have an MFC-9330 - but that's color and multi-function.

I work in a small office that has a MFC-L2700 - I think that's right. A smaller scale b/w machine that has been easy to use. No idea how long they've had it. I've only been there a few months.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

After many years of using nothing but HP laser printers at my office, I bought an inexpensive Brother laser when I retired. I wasn't expecting much but it has been very satisfactory and just keeps chugging along.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a Canon and like it for printing pictures. But I have heard great things about Brother, they seem much cheaper to maintain.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have a 2270DW Brother laser printer that I love. It's super fast and I've only had to replaced the toner once in the 5.5 years that I've had it. Unfortunately it wouldn't work with my Chromebook so I had to also get a wireless Canon ink jet printer. DS1 and DH use the Brother printer with their laptops and I use the Canon with my Chromebook. The Canon eats through ink and is loud, but at least I can print color photos easily for all those photo requests you typically get in elementary school!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by essnce629; 10-02-2017 at 03:25 PM.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Following. We have gone through so many printers in the last few years, and we don't really even print that much! Had a laser (Canon? I forget) that was fine but the replacement toner was so expensive that when it went out we decided to go with a Brother inkjet instead. After the first ink cartridge replacement the print heads were wonky, it was sucking up ink like crazy, and it wouldn't print right. I assumed I'd screwed it up with off brand ink so got a newer version of the same model, as I'd liked the printer and it worked seamlessly with our Wifi and airprint. Decided to suck it up and spend the $$ for OEM ink and darned if the same damn thing didn't happen again! In researching more it seems that for as little printing as we do it's better to have a laser because the print heads don't dry out like with ink. So now I'm in the market for laser (color). Hear good things about Brother but my awful experience with their ink ones has me gun shy. I also don't want to spend a fortune because it's just for home printing.

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    Following. We have gone through so many printers in the last few years, and we don't really even print that much! Had a laser (Canon? I forget) that was fine but the replacement toner was so expensive that when it went out we decided to go with a Brother inkjet instead. After the first ink cartridge replacement the print heads were wonky, it was sucking up ink like crazy, and it wouldn't print right. I assumed I'd screwed it up with off brand ink so got a newer version of the same model, as I'd liked the printer and it worked seamlessly with our Wifi and airprint. Decided to suck it up and spend the $$ for OEM ink and darned if the same damn thing didn't happen again! In researching more it seems that for as little printing as we do it's better to have a laser because the print heads don't dry out like with ink. So now I'm in the market for laser (color). Hear good things about Brother but my awful experience with their ink ones has me gun shy. I also don't want to spend a fortune because it's just for home printing.
    This is the boat I'm in, too. Consumer reports likes Dell for color all-in-one lasers. I haven't been willing to bite the bullet yet, though. It's terrible to have to spend so much money because you don't use your printer enough!!! It's only worth it if the printer lasts a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast