Default DisneyLAND after WDW Trips

Our entire family did a huge WDW week in February 2015. Extended family and the whole thing. DC1 and DC2 had been once before in 2011. This was the first time DC3 went.

I've been to WDW five times now in the past 15 years. I've never been to Land. Is it worth the trip? What would be the same or different? It might be just me and the 7 YO. 10 and 13 YO are going on a trip with their dad.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

It feels so much smaller but that's not a bad thing. It's really easy to get around and it's more relaxed. DCA is worth the visit too- a lot of unique rides there. The park hoppers are $$ but if you can swing them, that's the best. You can see Disneyland and enjoy things like the Matterhorn and then pop over to DCA.
    Just be prepared for how small the castle is. I was surprised (and, I admit, disappointed) as I didn't know it was different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You won't need as many days, but you will still love it. Some of the attractions are much better at DL ("it's a small world" is the obvious one). There are a bunch of rides at DL that aren't at WDW (Indiana Jones, the Matterhorn, all of CarsLand). One thing I like about DL is it's much easier to see characters. They're just walking hanging out on Main St. USA, not like at WDW where they are at specific spots and that's it.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We just did Disneyland for the first time this summer. We've done WDW several times with the kids in tow, but I had always wanted to see DL, so DH agreed to make the trip. The kids and I loved it. DH had a pretty good time, too. As others have said, it's much smaller, and it was sort of odd to walk into the resort from off site (and being able to stop & get McDonalds on the walk in was weird, too), but it was a lot of fun. Getting to finally ride the Matterhorn and to see Cars Land!

And, yes, the castle is SMALL! I thought it was cute, but it wasn't the same as Cinderella's castle.

Unlike Twinfoxes, I wasn't as enamored with the way the characters are handled. Yes, it was fun having Peter Pan yell at us on the teacups, but then trying to find him to actually speak was so much harder. Does that make sense?
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

geochick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We prefer DLand for the size.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh, and I meant to add, we were able to comfortably feel like we had done most of what we wanted in only 3 days. So that left us time to explore some other parks in SoCa. That also made it a lot of fun.

Having been to both now, I honestly don't know which we'll pick the next time we go. Both have great points. And since we went in the summer, the SoCa weather was SO much better than going to FLA! With school concerns, that's always going to be one of the factors for our trips from here on out.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Thanks. This would be in February and only 2 or 3 days. I need to figure out our exact plans and dates.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We've done WDW once before, but we live in CA so do Disneyland regularly each year. It sounds strange, but I actually prefer Disneyland. Mainly bc it is easier, everything is in one spot, etc. WDW is so big and diverse and great in its own way. I prefer the ease and compactness of DL.