TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Chicken thighs in IP?

I have a slow cooker recipe I would like to covert to use in the IP. Any idea if this will work and if I will need to modify it at all? Do I need to increase the liquid?
    I have chicken thighs instead of drumsticks.

2 1/2 - 3 Pounds chicken drumsticks
    1/2 Cup ketchup
    1/4 Cup water
    1/4 Cup brown sugar, packed
    1 envelope onion soup mix

Arrange chicken in slow cooker, combiner remaining ingredients, pour over chicken. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on LOW for 7-8 hours.
    http://crockingirls.com/recipes/chicken-in-a-hurry/
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think it should work. I think technically the Instant Pot is supposed to have 1 c of liquid to come to pressure but I've cooked recipes with a bit less. If you wanted to be certain you could up the water to 1/2 c but I'd chance it as is.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'd increase the water to 1/2 cup and cook on high for 8 minutes. I always cook my thighs in the IP for 8 minutes. Do a natural, not quick, release.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    I think it should work. I think technically the Instant Pot is supposed to have 1 c of liquid to come to pressure but I've cooked recipes with a bit less. If you wanted to be certain you could up the water to 1/2 c but I'd chance it as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I'd increase the water to 1/2 cup and cook on high for 8 minutes. I always cook my thighs in the IP for 8 minutes. Do a natural, not quick, release.
    Thank you both! I took your suggestions and the chicken came out really well.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.