Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What's the best deal for flu shots this year?

I am not looking to debate the merits of flu shots; you don't need to tell me that the one year you got one was the year you got the flu - I am on immunosuppressive drugs for RA and I have to get a flu shot.
    I was at Target today and saw that they are giving a $5 coupon.
    Kroger donates a meal to the hungry.

What's the best deal out there this year? I miss the good old days before CVS took over when Target would give a 10% off whole purchase coupon.

CVS gives a coupon, but not sure how much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My town was doling them out for free today. There seem to be a million free drop in/ pop up options all over my city. Maybe ask your local friends or social media peeps what they know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    CVS gives a coupon, but not sure how much.

They're advertising $5 off $25 purchase -- I assume this is CVS-wide.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    My town was doling them out for free today. There seem to be a million free drop in/ pop up options all over my city. Maybe ask your local friends or social media peeps what they know.

mine is free with insurance, so I'm just looking for the best benefit - Target is my default.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Safeway offers a 10% off coupon for later use with every flu shot.

They have always been free, as our health insurance pays for them as preventative care, and our local drug store or the pediatrician just bills the insurance. No out of pocket.

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have never been able to get them free from the drugstore. Luckily, I get it at work, and the pediatrician does a clinic, so we only have to pay for my DH. Even though it is covered by insurance, none of DH docs provide it so he ends up paying. We usually just do CVS since that is where we shop.
    mom to Billy 12/07

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
    We have never been able to get them free from the drugstore. Luckily, I get it at work, and the pediatrician does a clinic, so we only have to pay for my DH. Even though it is covered by insurance, none of DH docs provide it so he ends up paying. We usually just do CVS since that is where we shop.
    Have you ever tried to run it through insurance when you get it at CVS? Our insurance covers flu shots, and the one time we got them at CVS they just ran our insurance card and it was covered. I think we had to give them our medical insurance card since they don't have it on file, but I don't remember for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Have you ever tried to run it through insurance when you get it at CVS? Our insurance covers flu shots, and the one time we got them at CVS they just ran our insurance card and it was covered. I think we had to give them our medical insurance card since they don't have it on file, but I don't remember for sure.
    We’ve tried and our insurance only covers them when given in our system’s clinics. It’s so annoying! I don’t want to pull the kids out of school for a flu shot. Fortunately the hospital DH works for has a minute clinic in the grocery store and it covers those flu shots.

DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast