Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Corie - I'll reach out by PM later and give you my contact info, but I wanted to offer to be there for you if it would help. My husband died suddenly at age 45 (two years ago). I still haven't cleaned out his closet. There are a lot of things I handled early on - I had to take over our business, our estate planning wasn't done, etc. - but I still haven't been able to bring myself to do e clothes. My DD actually got an old Hawaiian shirt and a vikings jersey out for high school spirit days recently. I think I'm close to ready to do it, but I just wanted to say do whatever feels right. That's my biggest piece of advice is to do whatever feels right to you and be gentle with yourself. It breaks my heart that you're having to go through this
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have no ideas, only hugs. Praying for strength for you and the kids.
    Lea

Mom to:
    DD 8/2003
    DS 11/2005

waver is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I'm very sorry, Corie, for your loss. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post
    I saved all of my husband's ties. I folded them up and put them in a bin for our son.

My kids have the final say in every item before it leaves our house.
    I'm so glad to see this, I imagine your son wearing those ties, especially for special occasions, and you could even incorporate a tie into your daughter's wedding dress if she chooses. I used fabric from my mom's wedding dress in my wedding dress/veil and it meant so much to me.

My heart breaks for you and your children.

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Still thinking of you and praying for you and the kids.
    K

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Another suggestion for the ties: a neighbor had a quilter friend make a hassock cover out of her late husband's ties. All the ties radiated from a large button in the center, and the result was lovely as well as a very meaningful keepsake.

Corie, like everyone else has said, you are in my thoughts. I'm glad you're letting us help with practical ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Corie,

I don't have any additional suggestions, but I couldn't see this thread without sending you hugs. You are in so many people's thoughts and prayers. I hope that you are good to yourself and kind to yourself.

I know this is not what you asked about, but I wanted to mention it. Almost ten years ago, my sister lost her son to cancer. I remember that one of the kindest things someone did was to be the point person for friends and family asking how they could volunteer. There were so many people asking how they could help, what could they do, from near and far and that person became the person coordinated them. It was such a mitzvah. Without them, it would have been really difficult to even receive all the requests to help.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4