lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Hatchimals Mystery Minis Eggs (a/k/a the Ones on Hooks)

Does anyone have a tried-and-true, reliable way of telling which Hatchimals Mystery Mini (egg on hook) might give us the best shot at getting a GREEN one?

I bought one for DD after her flu shot because I needed a good bribe; the animal inside is purple with blue accents. She loves it, but she now wants a GREEN one.

Short of buying a full box somewhere (um, no), what's the best way to increase our chances of getting one that is GREEN?

Some people online have hypothesized that the feet match the hook; for ours, this is true. There aren't any unique product ID codes on the eggs that could also indicate the kind of critter inside, unlike the Care Bears blind bags I let her get a few years ago (And, yes, I searched for an unboxing video that had the codes listed in the description; all you needed to do while at the store was look for the number that matched the Bear shown on the back. TBH, I think companies have gotten wise to this now.)

Any other tips? I'm not interested in trading/swap groups and I have about a month or so before I start shopping for stocking stuffers (this would be a stocking stuffer) so I'm willing to throw a lot of spaghetti at the wall to see if it sticks!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

EBAY!!! I rather pay double than purchase multiple blind bags. BTW - i HATE blind bags for this reason.

I have spent WAYYYY too much time in stores trying to feel what was inside lego blind bags - to ultimately fail. Just take my money.

The only thing i hate worse than blind bags - toys sold separately. One toy is $24.99..... but you have to combine 5 sets to actually get what is shown being played with on the tv commercial. OR - it's one figure per kit..... so it'll only cost me $89.99 to get the 4 figures needed for a set..... grumble......

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey0709 View Post

The only thing i hate worse than blind bags - toys sold separately. One toy is $24.99..... but you have to combine 5 sets to actually get what is shown being played with on the tv commercial. OR - it's one figure per kit..... so it'll only cost me $89.99 to get the 4 figures needed for a set..... grumble......
    OMG, yes, those are the flipping worst. Of course, my dad used to drive to every toy store around to get us our "complete" sets, like the time we got Ghostbusters toys - Ray, Peter, and Egon were all sold out in the usual places, but he totally found Winston everywhere ... but then we "needed" HQ, Slimer, Ecto-1, and, of course, ectoplasm!

Back to my original post:

Apparently, the fuzz kind of pokes out through the hole in the egg, so we found one that had green fuzz. DD understood that we were buying it today, but she wasn't allowed to open it until Christmas. It's currently hidden in my closet.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle