Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Update in 22- ISO a shoe to fit my very picky needs

Ok, I'm a flip flop gal. In the winter, I really struggle because I love just stepping into my shoes and going. If I'm going somewhere in the winter, I'll put on any of the millions of shoes I have. But, if all I'm doing is driving and dropping/ picking up a kid, I almost always just wear my rain boots. Why? Because I can just step into them. I need something that's not rain boots so if I actually have to show myself then I won't be wearing big old rain boots on a sunny day. Here's my criteria though:

-I don't like clogs or shoes with open backs. I guess there are some styles that at least have some back? Recommendations?
    -I don't want to have to touch the shoe at all. If I was willing to even just slip a finger in the back of my heel to put a shoe on, then I'd wear my Toms or some sneakers (or ballet flats...); nothing I have to buckle, zip...
    -It needs to be something I can wear when it's wet out (even if it isn't raining, the ground could be damp from previous rain or snow...)
    -Not a slipper but a real shoe
    -flat
    -don't really care much about quality or comfort. I'm not looking for an every day shoe. Just something to practically fit my needs and cover my foot. Truly, I'd go barefoot if I could.
    -less than $50 ideally but you can show me ideas that cost more. I'll use them as a style reference more than exact item.

Any thoughts? Probably not but I figured I'd ask.
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 12-05-2017 at 10:59 AM.

I’d love to know some options too!! Except I️ need good support!!

Zansu is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

How about a Vionic slip-on sneaker? https://www.zappos.com/p/vionic-kea-...708177/color/9

For OP, most of the shoe brands make something similar, so you should be able to find something in your preferred price point.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So you're my kind of girl. I struggle with this same issue. I am thinking about getting a cozy pair of moccasins. I think these would work well for me. I think they would slip on. I suppose you might need a finger though so maybe they wouldn't work. I don't know how they would work in rain or snow and I don't have any links. I just remember a few winters ago I got a cheap pair of moccasins from Payless and the function worked well but the shoes were cheap. I was thinking of buying a bit nicer, comfier and sturdier pair. I think it would work if the ground was slightly wet. I'd probably wear a different pair of shoes if it really was raining outside. (You could wear your rain boots legitimately that way!)

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

it's crazy for me to give a fashion suggestion to you because your posts demonstrate you are more aware of fashion than I am, but I have Merrell slipons that require absolutely no effort to put on --with or without socks -- and tolerate wet weather. They are functional and not "cute" like ballet slippers. My shoes are older, but these shoes look nice to me:

https://www.amazon.com/Merrell-Women...ywords=MERRELL

Following, as I've also been looking for a pair of shoes with your requirements, except I don't mind if they're open backs. I currently have a pair of Merrell clogs that could definitely be replaced.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default ISO a shoe to fit my very picky needs

Vans slip on sneakers. Surely there are sale ones somewhere. My oft recommended Sorel Lea wedges are purely step in and go, but they are above your requirements for money. Same with my dansko clogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Help Me Find Flats for Fall through Spring

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...5&share_type=t

DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Vans slip on sneakers. Surely there are sale ones somewhere. My oft recommended Sorel Lea wedges are purely step in and go, but they are above your requirements for money. Same with my dansko clogs.

Definitely more shoe than I need for quick runs to school with the Sorels (way more stylish and $ than needed). Dansko were the only thing that kept coming to mind but NMS. Vans could work but do the backs hold their own or will they collapse when I step in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default ISO a shoe to fit my very picky needs

Some good ideas in here, all! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast