Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

We love this soup! I sup lentils in for the barley.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/250200/quick-beef-barley-soup/

sasha is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

We've been making this red lentil soup weekly since the weather turned cold. Using red lentils means that it cooks up fast. I like to add two teaspoons of garam masala. Red Lentil Soup

I also like this lentil soup from 101 Cookbooks. All of her recipes are good, really, and different from the usual vegetarian sites to me. Lentil Soup

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

So an update...
    I made Ina's recipe subbing brown lentils for green and veggie broth for chicken, but as I was cooking it, I realized my pot wasn't big enough. I transferred it to my crockpot and still didn't have enough room for the 3 quarts of broth (I could only fit 2). I took DCs out front to play and started talking to my neighbor. I told her I didn't think the soup was going to turn out good and I was going to be up late waiting for the crockpot. She excitedly told me she had just gotten an instant pot and she would bring it over so the soup would cook quicker. I was able to add another 1/2 quart of broth. It was done in 20 minutes and was delicious. And now I want an instant pot. Stay tuned for another post with questions about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

How lon did you cook the soup for? The recipe sounds great and I'd like to try it in my Instant Pot.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sf333 View Post
    How lon did you cook the soup for? The recipe sounds great and I'd like to try it in my Instant Pot.
    I started it in a regular pot but realized it was too small when I was supposed to add in the lentils and broth. It was then in the crockpot for maybe 1/2 hour and then the instant pot for 20 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sf333 View Post
    I'm making a lentil soup in my Instant Pot this week and planned on just using the "soup" function which I'm pretty sure is 30 minutes, but a quick google search for "Instant Pot lentil soup" shows recipes with cook times ranging from 6-12 minutes! So maybe I'll do 10 minutes?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by essnce629; 11-15-2017 at 04:07 AM.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love the red lentil soup we eat at Mediterranean restaurants. I don't follow a recipe when I make at home but this is close to what I do https://dedemed.com/mediterranean/lentil-soup-recipe/

Lentils in the instant pot would definitely be done in 10 mins or less, especially red lentils.
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2