Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    umsh is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Instant Pot Mini $52 Amazon & Target

Instant Pot Mini is finally on sale! Target is doing 25% off thru Sunday and Amazon is matching. I️ haven’t seen a lower price on the Mini yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by umsh View Post
    Instant Pot Mini is finally on sale! Target is doing 25% off thru Sunday and Amazon is matching. I️ haven’t seen a lower price on the Mini yet.

Ooh that’s fantastic! I have the mini and love it.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

jenstring95 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Is this the size I would need for a family of 4? I'm slightly overwhelmed by all the options, but I would like to get an Instant Pot. Currently I just have a Crock Pot (maybe 5-6 quarts, but I usually do not come close to filling it).

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think the 6 quart is the most versatile. there might be times when you need a bigger pot. Stuff like beans and pasta tend to expand, and you’re not supposed to fill it to the rim.
    If size is very critical to you and you just don’t have the space, that would be the only time I would get the smaller version.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This. I have a six quart and fill it often with standard recipes. The capacity allows you to do a cheesecake and I filled it to capacity with water the other day to cover a jar for caramel sauce. I doubt either of those would be possible in the smaller version.

https://www.pressurecookingtoday.com...ulce-de-leche/

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I think the 6 quart is the most versatile. there might be times when you need a bigger pot. Stuff like beans and pasta tend to expand, and you’re not supposed to fill it to the rim.
    If size is very critical to you and you just don’t have the space, that would be the only time I would get the smaller version.
    I agree and own the 6qt, but would like to point out that with smaller size it will come to pressure faster. And for a family of 4, most of the times I’m not using more than 1 cup of dry oats or more than 2 cups of soaked beans at a time. I own several 3 liter Indian stove top pressure cookers and they are super quick to come to pressure because of their smaller sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Interesting.. Doesn’t the cooking time also depend on the quantity you cook? When I have a huge quantity of something, it definitely takes longer to come to pressure. I’ve never seen the small one so I don’t know the answer to that.
    Sometimes I put the sauté on to warm it, And that speeds it up.

jenstring95 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for the replies about size. I will hold out for the 6qt. What is generally the best price? I know I'm late to the Instant Pot scene.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've seen it down to $70, possibly $65. I'm guessing you can find $70 or less in November. http://www.businessinsider.com/insta...n-deal-2017-10

lil_acorn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I recently used the IP for slow cooker pulled pork and it was horrible. Didn’t come up to temperature enough. After ten hours I had to pressure cook it to get it to shred. Google search showed many complaints to the same effect. The slow cooker temp is just too low. So don’t get rid of your slow cooker yet!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast