Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Add me to the chorus of those suggesting Lyme testing. Unfortunately, standard labs can miss 1/2 of actual cases. There are many strains for which there is no test. Ticks can also carry a cocktail of other infections that can cause similar symptoms. I suffered from thyroid problems and anemia with my Lyme, so these findings do not rule out an infectious etiology. I suggest seeing a reputable ILADS trained physician (www.ilads.org) and testing through IGeneX labs which has outperformed other labs in proficiency testing for NY state. Lyme infected ticks have now been found in 1/2 of US counties, so don't be fooled by dogmatic viewpoints on geographic range. We have multiple family members impacted, as well as our dog (dog has no travel history out of FL).

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

So far, all labs have come back normal (iron, thyroid, A1C), which is good of course, but gives me no answers. Thought they were going to do Lyme, but not sure they did - I'll see when I get the mailed results... They checked a bunch of heart stuff too with a 24 hr. monitor, which I don't have the results of. But I'm not really thinking that is it and neither is the cardiologist in the family!

I'm starting to wonder more if it could be hormonal and being 40!

Given that everything is coming back normal, I am wondering if it could be anxiety. It can start off like this and then progress because you know something feels off but you can't find anything wrong. Hormonal changes can definitely exacerbate this.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

It's always best to check.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2