Default Resume/headhunter websites?

DH isn’t too happy at his current position with the current employer. He’s going to update his resume over next few weeks. What are the best websites to put his out there?

DH have done interviews in the last 20 years but it’s all internal for promotions within. Never outside the company he worked for 25 years. He prefers to do a lateral move since he’s only 2 years away from lifetime medical benefits even after leaving the company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

LinkedIn is where the headhunters look. Those commercial job boards like monster.com are useless. This guy is great. https://www.pbs.org/newshour/tag/ask-the-headhunter
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Agree with pp LinkedIn is what’s going on.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yep... LinkedIn. There are also industry specific sites so he should look into those as well.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

No help here, but that is an amazing benefit to get lifetime medical care after 27 years in the same industry no matter where you work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Yes, I agree- he needs to be on LinkedIn. My DH found his current job directly through LinkedIn.
    DD1 '08
    DD2 '10

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Echoing everyone else, LinkedIn. To be clear, you don't really so much post your resume there as update a profile, make connections with other people you know, etc. Depending on his field, once he has completed his profile he may start getting random pings fairly soon from recruiters. In my field, people with several years of experience usually get pings from recruiters at least a few times a week just checking to see if they're interested in talking.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Definitely LinkedIn.

You can post your experience, network with your colleagues, and reach out to recruiters (etc) as well as connect to professional groups in your industry.

I'm part of a few groups there, though I am not super-active. Additionally, I tend to update my job-seeker profile each time I revise my resume so they reflect each other more accurately.

I have some general resume updating guidelines left from the "career counseling" service I received as part of my severance package; I can point you to the company/service I used, but I don't know what they charge for individuals so it may not be particularly useful.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

minnie-zb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Definitely LinkedIn.

You can post your experience, network with your colleagues, and reach out to recruiters (etc) as well as connect to professional groups in your industry.

I'm part of a few groups there, though I am not super-active. Additionally, I tend to update my job-seeker profile each time I revise my resume so they reflect each other more accurately.

I have some general resume updating guidelines left from the "career counseling" service I received as part of my severance package; I can point you to the company/service I used, but I don't know what they charge for individuals so it may not be particularly useful.
    Would you mind sharing? My husband was just laid off and he's currently working on his resume. Thank you!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by minnie-zb View Post
    Would you mind sharing? My husband was just laid off and he's currently working on his resume. Thank you!
    I had services with Lee Hecht Harrison: http://www.lhh.com

I felt really hopeful after reading through their career transition materials. If he cannot access anything there without signing up for the service/paying for it, I am pretty sure I have a few things saved that I can post to a Google Drive (or something) to share.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle